Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On Cam's near interception

119 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

if throwing to Ginn, you would have to fit it in behind that LB and in between the CB. it appears he is throwing it to a spot outside away from Sherman, and the ball is already out of his hands.(judging from Cam's body, it appears he just followed thru after throwing the ball) so if Ginn is just now getting open, its hard to throw it to him when you do not  have the ball because it appears he already threw it to 89. can you take pics of the play at different times?

Posted · Report post

For some reason it didn't seem like Cam was going through reads like he usually does. He usually looks at a couple receivers unless his first read is wide open, but Sunday he locked on Smitty and Olsen Delhomme style. Next practice they should make Cam only target the other receivers so they can work on chemistry.

Smitty said the throw to him in the redzone for the TD was Cam's third read/option. Please stop.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The pic is deceiving. I can count a good 4 Mississippi before he throws.

Ah ok, it's why I caveated a little at the beginning of the sentence. I agree that the ball should have went to Ginn.  I hope Ginn is involved more vs the Bills...if Smitty is playing the slot a lot, we need to take a couple of deep shots to Ginn to give Smith better room to work with as the game goes on.

Posted · Report post

Biggest problem I have with that picture is that we're throwing on 3rd and 2.

6 people like this

Posted · Report post

Smitty said the throw to him in the redzone for the TD was Cam's third read/option. Please stop.

Correct, on that play he looked to the corner of the end zone first and it was not there.

Posted · Report post

Cam can also run by the hole right behind kallil, the road to the first down is open.

Posted · Report post

Biggest problem I have with that picture is that we're throwing on 3rd and 2.

Exactly. And it's a short 2 yards at that.

The strength of the Seattle D is their secondary, and we don't even run a play action here.

It's like we called a play for a third and long.

Just dumb play calling and a poor read by Cam.

Posted · Report post

everyone is covered well not so sure about ginn looks open, looks like cam could have got 12 or so yards from running

Posted · Report post

To me Cam played alittle timid. Or shall I say, played alittle too safe. I understand being the circumstances of the opposing D. He needs to definitely learn to go through his progressions. I did notice a lot of times sunday that he was locked in on a reciever when someone was open but that happens in football.(hence Cooper last night for eagles) He played well but just needs to go through his reads quicker and more often just like the td pass

Posted · Report post

You make progressions and reads that dictate where the ball goes when.

You don't look at every receiver then decide who is the most open and then make a decision.

My guess is that Smith was one of his early progressions and he felt Smitty had the leverage he needed to get open out of his cut buy the defensive player made a good jump on the route.

Also these pics are deceiving in that if Cam is or just has thrown the ball and defense is in zone they are jumping toward the area the ball is going.

There are a lot of moving parts here. The game isn't as easy as we fans think it is.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think cam sticks on smitty too much

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

I think cam sticks on smitty too much

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

doesn't really have a choice

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments