Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On Cam's near interception

119 posts in this topic

Posted

The result of the play was a 4th down punt.

On our side of the field, clearly!

Posted

It's cool guys Lafell is a very legit WR2 in the NFL; it's just Cam hasn't figured it out yet.  That's what Bill Polian told me.

Posted

The Cam 1.0 would be running, Cam 2.0 look confused, his body say run Cam run, his headphone say pass cam pass!!

Posted

I think Cam should make that throw 9/10 times. 

Steve had enough separation to get that if it was placed closer to the side line. Sherman just made an outstanding play on the ball as it wasn't placed away from him.

The main thing that I get from this is that I do not want to see #89 get 7 catches for 50 yards. Throw the ball down the field not 5 yards from the LOS.

Posted

Cam was definately staring down too much.. hopefully he'll clean that up and spread the ball around more.

I noticed this a bunch as well

Posted

Smitty said the throw to him in the redzone for the TD was Cam's third read/option. Please stop.

That was a fine play and the others were blanketed. However, if you watch the very play before he locked in on Olsen and tried to force a bad pass. 

There were plenty of plays where he locked in. Sometimes it is designed I guess but he seemed to do it too much

Posted

Shula probably sees something upstairs and is in Cam's ear... "look for Olsen to be open here". Cam just hasn't learned to look off yet to keep the defense guessing.

Posted

Shula probably sees something upstairs and is in Cam's ear... "look for Olsen to be open here". Cam just hasn't learned to look off yet to keep the defense guessing.

I noticed Kaepernick look off defenders several times in the GB vs SF game. 

I've seen Cam do it before, but he needs to add it to his repertoire consistently.  I think he still relies too much on his raw ability instead of using the nuances that the great QBs have.

Posted

Here is a capture from the pass to Smith that was nearly intercepted.

panthers-seahawks.jpg

Watching the play, Cam never takes his eyes off Smith, sadly.

Cam isn't even looking at Smitty in the picture.  He is looking left to LaFell.  

But I do agree, Ginn was the better option to pass on this play.  

Smith could have caught the pass if Cam led him more towards sideline instead of throwing behind him.

Posted

Smitty also lobbies for the ball like no other receiver in the game. Ginn may need to step up and get in Cam's ear about how open he is.

I hear ya on this .... if Smitty wants to make the playoffs and on film see's these other WR's open, he hopefully also gets in Cam's here and says to throw it to the other guy when he's open.  Easier said then done though when it comes to Smitty and most WR's.  

Posted

Cam isn't even looking at Smitty in the picture.  He is looking left to LaFell.  

But I do agree, Ginn was the better option to pass on this play.  

Smith could have caught the pass if Cam led him more towards sideline instead of throwing behind him.

Pretty sure Cam is only looking at Smitty.  He is in the process of throwing the ball to him, so unless it was a no-look pass he is looking at Smith.

Posted

Pretty sure Cam is only looking at Smitty.  He is in the process of throwing the ball to him, so unless it was a no-look pass he is looking at Smith.

You can see his head turned left.