Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On Cam's near interception

119 posts in this topic

Posted

You can see his head turned left.  

Eh, I don't see it.  I see most of Cam's face which to me would mean he is looking to his right.

Either way, WTF is Lafell doing?

Posted

Look how far back he is from the LOS

Posted

I don't know that there is anything that irks me more than people assuming a QB isn't going through his progressions. Things happen too fast to assume that just because he doesn't keep a dedicated peeping tom stare at a guy that he isn't going through his progressions.

Okay, so lots of stuff irks me more, but you get my point.

1 person likes this

Posted

You guys can't even see his eyes and you're debating which receiver he's looking at.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think Ginn is as open as he looks that has jumped route all over it. Ginn is on front of him by design. At the very least Ginn was going to get popped.

Posted

Eh, I don't see it.  I see most of Cam's face which to me would mean he is looking to his right.

Either way, WTF is Lafell doing?

Running lazily.  Nice afternoon jog.

Posted

Shula probably sees something upstairs and is in Cam's ear... "look for Olsen to be open here". Cam just hasn't learned to look off yet to keep the defense guessing.

Cam has been looking off defenders since day 1 in the NFL, with pump fakes at that.

Oh, and how is the picture a bit deceiving In rtegards to how bad Bell was beat, but not deceiving, in regards to how open Ginn was?

Stop reaching Zod!

1 person likes this

Posted

Smitty said the throw to him in the redzone for the TD was Cam's third read/option. Please stop.

I'm not talking about every play. How about stop and read my post. I know Cam usually scans the field but he was locking down on Smith and Olsen a little too much Sunday. It's not a knock on his performance or ability. Another factor to consider is that he was pressured on a lot of his throws and the other receivers weren't getting open enough on most plays.

Posted

I think the problem here is, from the pic, it looks like Bell completely whiffs on his man and forces Cam to throw quick - and when Cam has to get rid of the ball quickly, he's usually throwing it to one of Olsen or Smith.

Yeah, notice the Seahawks player at Cam's feet - I need to go back and watch the play but it looks like Cam had to get rid of this ball quick. Cam has already released the ball in this pic, would be interested to see what things looked like a few frames before. 

Posted

Here is a capture from the pass to Smith that was nearly intercepted.

panthers-seahawks.jpg

Things I notice ...

3 defenders on the right with 2 options. 2 defenders on the left with 2 receivers.

A) Smitty is not open. He is covered up pretty well by the DB. The underneath taken away by the linebacker.

B ) Ginn, hidden behind fox logo, is open and looking for the ball. He ran a great route and got the needed separation.

C) Lafell apparently is neither open nor looking for the ball.

D) Pretty decent pass protection, except for Bell.

Watching the play, Cam never takes his eyes off Smith, sadly.

The only issue with that play was Cam's timing to Smith. 

Ginn is covered.

Had Cam lead smitty a bit more it wouldn't have been an issue.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wasn't this right after Olsen had the huge drop down the sideline? That would've gone for a TD because no one was in front of him.

And on the next Olsen drop, it lead directly to a punt.

If he catches those 2 passes it changes the game completely.

Posted

Obviously the narrative here again has shifted to blaming Cam. It's getting old. Against the best defense in the league, Cam is too conservative, lol what? Oh and I thought we were moving on from this game yesterday? Guess not.

That throw to Smith was not a bad decision. As someone else said, if anything, the timing was off.