• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#31 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

Shula probably sees something upstairs and is in Cam's ear... "look for Olsen to be open here". Cam just hasn't learned to look off yet to keep the defense guessing.

#32 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,252 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

Shula probably sees something upstairs and is in Cam's ear... "look for Olsen to be open here". Cam just hasn't learned to look off yet to keep the defense guessing.

I noticed Kaepernick look off defenders several times in the GB vs SF game. 

I've seen Cam do it before, but he needs to add it to his repertoire consistently.  I think he still relies too much on his raw ability instead of using the nuances that the great QBs have.

#33 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

Here is a capture from the pass to Smith that was nearly intercepted.

panthers-seahawks.jpg

Watching the play, Cam never takes his eyes off Smith, sadly.

Cam isn't even looking at Smitty in the picture.  He is looking left to LaFell.  

But I do agree, Ginn was the better option to pass on this play.  

Smith could have caught the pass if Cam led him more towards sideline instead of throwing behind him.

#34 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

Smitty also lobbies for the ball like no other receiver in the game. Ginn may need to step up and get in Cam's ear about how open he is.

I hear ya on this .... if Smitty wants to make the playoffs and on film see's these other WR's open, he hopefully also gets in Cam's here and says to throw it to the other guy when he's open.  Easier said then done though when it comes to Smitty and most WR's.  

#35 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,252 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

Cam isn't even looking at Smitty in the picture.  He is looking left to LaFell.  

But I do agree, Ginn was the better option to pass on this play.  

Smith could have caught the pass if Cam led him more towards sideline instead of throwing behind him.

Pretty sure Cam is only looking at Smitty.  He is in the process of throwing the ball to him, so unless it was a no-look pass he is looking at Smith.

#36 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

Pretty sure Cam is only looking at Smitty.  He is in the process of throwing the ball to him, so unless it was a no-look pass he is looking at Smith.

You can see his head turned left.  

#37 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,252 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

You can see his head turned left.  

Eh, I don't see it.  I see most of Cam's face which to me would mean he is looking to his right.

Either way, WTF is Lafell doing?

#38 1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Look how far back he is from the LOS

#39 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,221 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

I don't know that there is anything that irks me more than people assuming a QB isn't going through his progressions. Things happen too fast to assume that just because he doesn't keep a dedicated peeping tom stare at a guy that he isn't going through his progressions.

Okay, so lots of stuff irks me more, but you get my point.

#40 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,221 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

You guys can't even see his eyes and you're debating which receiver he's looking at.

#41 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

I don't think Ginn is as open as he looks that has jumped route all over it. Ginn is on front of him by design. At the very least Ginn was going to get popped.

#42 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

Eh, I don't see it.  I see most of Cam's face which to me would mean he is looking to his right.

Either way, WTF is Lafell doing?

Running lazily.  Nice afternoon jog.

#43 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

Cam has been looking off defenders since day 1 in the NFL, with pump fakes at that.

Oh, and how is the picture a bit deceiving In rtegards to how bad Bell was beat, but not deceiving, in regards to how open Ginn was?

Stop reaching Zod!

#44 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

Smitty said the throw to him in the redzone for the TD was Cam's third read/option. Please stop.

I'm not talking about every play. How about stop and read my post. I know Cam usually scans the field but he was locking down on Smith and Olsen a little too much Sunday. It's not a knock on his performance or ability. Another factor to consider is that he was pressured on a lot of his throws and the other receivers weren't getting open enough on most plays.

#45 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,343 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

I think the problem here is, from the pic, it looks like Bell completely whiffs on his man and forces Cam to throw quick - and when Cam has to get rid of the ball quickly, he's usually throwing it to one of Olsen or Smith.

Yeah, notice the Seahawks player at Cam's feet - I need to go back and watch the play but it looks like Cam had to get rid of this ball quick. Cam has already released the ball in this pic, would be interested to see what things looked like a few frames before. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com