Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

what is this teams identity? do we have one?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

No we're not. Stop saying we are.

If you win playing bad poker, you're still playing bad poker.

I said "many of us"...I know that there are plenty who disagree, of which you are clearly one. We disagree that what we saw on Sunday was "bad poker." Don't get me wrong, I don't think it was great, but it was a pretty solid approach in my opinion. Nobody has it all figured out in week 1 and we'll always find something to gripe about...

#17 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

Jimmy probably knows more about offensive scheme than Rivera. We either need a HC that knows both sides of the ball or a strong OC. Great teams have both

#18 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

Remeber, you can never overcome turnovers.

#19 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

I said "many of us"...I know that there are plenty who disagree, of which you are clearly one. We disagree that what we saw on Sunday was "bad poker." Don't get me wrong, I don't think it was great, but it was a pretty solid approach in my opinion. Nobody has it all figured out in week 1 and we'll always find something to gripe about...

A team flies thousands of miles and has to start the game at 10 am their time and what did we do?

Hey guys? Did you sleep well? No? Ok, well we'll just run the ball straight at you and not stretch your defense at all and make sure you get PLENTY of rest between snaps.

#20 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,680 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

I asked this question over a month ago and people made fun of me. What say you now, trolls?

#21 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,094 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

Jimmy probably knows more about offensive scheme than Rivera. We either need a HC that knows both sides of the ball or a strong OC. Great teams have both

We were 12-4 in 2008....and heading into the postseason many seemed that team as having better odds than our 96, 03, and 05 team.

Fox and Davidson were in charge of that.....we just need players to make plays and not do stuff like fumble on the 8 when we are about to win.

These dumb PLAYER mistakes are a constant theme.....lots of games we could of won if guys like Cam or DeAngelo or 89 didn't shoot us in the foot.

#22 pdub0702

pdub0702

pdub0702

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationSouthern Pines, NC

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Our Defense Identity= Control game. Be aggressive when neccessary, dont give up big play.

Our Offense Identity = Play for the lead then try to hold on.

#23 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

Our identity? We choke, that's our identity. Not a specific player, the entire team. I blame the team culture I suppose. That's on Ron. When it matters, this team finds a way to fold like a lawn chair.

#24 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

We were 12-4 in 2008....and heading into the postseason many seemed that team as having better odds than our 96, 03, and 05 team.

Fox and Davidson were in charge of that.....we just need players to make plays and not do stuff like fumble on the 8 when we are about to win.

These dumb PLAYER mistakes are a constant theme.....lots of games we could of won if guys like Cam or DeAngelo or 89 didn't shoot us in the foot.

Like when Mike Singletary kept blaming his 49ers team then along comes a guy name Jim and suddenly the 49ers don't suck anymore. Talented teams don't win games. Everyone in the nfl is talented. Coaching is the difference.

Defensive minded coach played a soft ass zone at the end of the game and couldn't get the ball back

#25 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• HUDDLER
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

I don't think we have an identity of our own yet.  I believe we are still fighting a lawsuit with the San Diego Chargers for identity theft.

#26 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,094 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Like when Mike Singletary kept blaming his 49ers team then along comes a guy name Jim and suddenly the 49ers don't suck anymore. Talented teams don't win games. Everyone in the nfl is talented. Coaching is the difference.

Defensive minded coach played a soft ass zone at the end of the game and couldn't get the ball back

Coaching isn't the problem in Jacksonville.

Broncos are not scary bc of Fox. You just hope the coach can stay out of Peyton's way.

Jimmy and the Joes matter in games. Now, a horrible coach impacts a team....yes. Big picture, players have the greater impact IMO.

Rivera has put this time in position to win....and some really dumb stuff has happened. RR isn't out coached every loss

#27 Devoid

Devoid

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

Excuses, it seems to be what the RR era ia all about.

#28 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Coaching isn't the problem in Jacksonville.

Broncos are not scary bc of Fox. You just hope the coach can stay out of Peyton's way.

Jimmy and the Joes matter in games. Now, a horrible coach impacts a team....yes. Big picture, players have the greater impact IMO.

Rivera has put this time in position to win....and some really dumb stuff has happened. RR isn't out coached every loss

Peyton is all time Great and Gabbert is all time bad.

You can't tell me you can't win with Cam. The guy won a national Championship on a team with no future NFl stars outside of himself.

Ron is a damn good defensive coordinator and that's all he will ever be. He doesn't know how to be a head coach he's admitted it himself. Why we employed him is beyond me.

#29 WCUcats

WCUcats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Rivera's teams identities at this point can be defined in two words

1. Soft
2. Undisciplined

The defense may be able to fix the soft part, but that is to be seen. Their performance after the fumble certainly didn't do them any favors.

#30 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Peyton is all time Great and Gabbert is all time bad.

You can't tell me you can't win with Cam. The guy won a national Championship on a team with no future NFl stars outside of himself.

Ron is a damn good defensive coordinator and that's all he will ever be. He doesn't know how to be a head coach he's admitted it himself. Why we employed him is beyond me.

Nick Fairly is pretty good for the Lions and was a beast in that Game you are referencing...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.