Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

what is this teams identity? do we have one?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#11 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

We have one hell of a defense. That is clearly this teams identity.

As far as offense goes, we are one fumble away from many of us saying "It wasn't the most exciting offense but damnit Shula executed one hell of a game plan, committing to the run when Seattle had a decimated defensive line, and avoiding deep balls to LaFell and others when facing one of the league's best cover corners and a secondary that excels at creating turnovers." 

No we're not. Stop saying we are.

If you win playing bad poker, you're still playing bad poker.

#12 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWilkesboro
HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

We didn't have an identity last year. Against Seattle we had a run first, take what the defense gives you offense. One that limits potential mistakes. Unfortunately we lost because a very sure handed RB fumbled and a bonehead special teams gaffe by the bullet head. Shula called a good game, we had the right game plan. I hope we stick to it, it gives us the best chance to win

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

smash, kill, destroy on defense.

on offense....don't screw up....even though we have the most dynamic QB in the league, the new prototype who has had the most successful first two years of any QB ever...king of the big plays and we either pigeonhole him into a game manager role or so damage his confidence that all he's concerned with is not making a mistake. either way...meh. we better see something different next week or plan on yet another non-winning season full of excuses.

#14 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

We didn't have an identity last year. Against Seattle we had a run first, take what the defense gives you offense. One that limits potential mistakes. Unfortunately we lost because a very sure handed RB fumbled and a bonehead special teams gaffe by the bullet head. Shula called a good game, we had the right game plan. I hope we stick to it, it gives us the best chance to win

Deangelo NEVER fumbles.

Except for the time earlier in the game where he fumbled.

#15 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

This was one of my gripes with Hurney for years.

Absolutely no rudder for the ship.

I think that Gman is putting it in place now, I am just wondering if Cam will be a part of it.

#16 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

No we're not. Stop saying we are.

If you win playing bad poker, you're still playing bad poker.

I said "many of us"...I know that there are plenty who disagree, of which you are clearly one. We disagree that what we saw on Sunday was "bad poker." Don't get me wrong, I don't think it was great, but it was a pretty solid approach in my opinion. Nobody has it all figured out in week 1 and we'll always find something to gripe about...

#17 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

Jimmy probably knows more about offensive scheme than Rivera. We either need a HC that knows both sides of the ball or a strong OC. Great teams have both

#18 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

Remeber, you can never overcome turnovers.

#19 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

I said "many of us"...I know that there are plenty who disagree, of which you are clearly one. We disagree that what we saw on Sunday was "bad poker." Don't get me wrong, I don't think it was great, but it was a pretty solid approach in my opinion. Nobody has it all figured out in week 1 and we'll always find something to gripe about...

A team flies thousands of miles and has to start the game at 10 am their time and what did we do?

Hey guys? Did you sleep well? No? Ok, well we'll just run the ball straight at you and not stretch your defense at all and make sure you get PLENTY of rest between snaps.

#20 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• LocationCape Fear Area
HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

I asked this question over a month ago and people made fun of me. What say you now, trolls?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users