Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

what is this teams identity? do we have one?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#25 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

I don't think we have an identity of our own yet.  I believe we are still fighting a lawsuit with the San Diego Chargers for identity theft.

#26 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Like when Mike Singletary kept blaming his 49ers team then along comes a guy name Jim and suddenly the 49ers don't suck anymore. Talented teams don't win games. Everyone in the nfl is talented. Coaching is the difference.

Defensive minded coach played a soft ass zone at the end of the game and couldn't get the ball back

Coaching isn't the problem in Jacksonville.

Broncos are not scary bc of Fox. You just hope the coach can stay out of Peyton's way.

Jimmy and the Joes matter in games. Now, a horrible coach impacts a team....yes. Big picture, players have the greater impact IMO.

Rivera has put this time in position to win....and some really dumb stuff has happened. RR isn't out coached every loss

#27 Devoid

Devoid

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

Excuses, it seems to be what the RR era ia all about.

#28 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Coaching isn't the problem in Jacksonville.

Broncos are not scary bc of Fox. You just hope the coach can stay out of Peyton's way.

Jimmy and the Joes matter in games. Now, a horrible coach impacts a team....yes. Big picture, players have the greater impact IMO.

Rivera has put this time in position to win....and some really dumb stuff has happened. RR isn't out coached every loss

Peyton is all time Great and Gabbert is all time bad.

You can't tell me you can't win with Cam. The guy won a national Championship on a team with no future NFl stars outside of himself.

Ron is a damn good defensive coordinator and that's all he will ever be. He doesn't know how to be a head coach he's admitted it himself. Why we employed him is beyond me.

#29 WCUcats

WCUcats

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Rivera's teams identities at this point can be defined in two words

1. Soft
2. Undisciplined

The defense may be able to fix the soft part, but that is to be seen. Their performance after the fumble certainly didn't do them any favors.

#30 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Peyton is all time Great and Gabbert is all time bad.

You can't tell me you can't win with Cam. The guy won a national Championship on a team with no future NFl stars outside of himself.

Ron is a damn good defensive coordinator and that's all he will ever be. He doesn't know how to be a head coach he's admitted it himself. Why we employed him is beyond me.

Nick Fairly is pretty good for the Lions and was a beast in that Game you are referencing...

#31 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

disappointing?

#32 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

Stingy Defense

"take what they give you" offense

It always comes back to this for us no matter who's coaching. This has got to be JR's directive. This is the type of team he wants.

#33 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

It always comes back to this for us no matter who's coaching. This has got to be JR's directive. This is the type of team he wants.

it seems that way. i hope to god it's just residual philosophy that trickled down from jerry to hurney and on down the ranks that'll disappear as gettleman makes actual professional football decisions.

#34 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

Our identity?

Opie from Family Guy.

cc15b009ba083a6845638ddfs3.gif

#35 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

Team's Identity: Losing is acceptable and Rivera is never to be blame for. Only the players are.

#36 chris999

chris999

HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

smash, kill, destroy on defense.

on offense....don't screw up....even though we have the most dynamic QB in the league, the new prototype who has had the most successful first two years of any QB ever...king of the big plays and we either pigeonhole him into a game manager role or so damage his confidence that all he's concerned with is not making a mistake. either way...meh. we better see something different next week or plan on yet another non-winning season full of excuses.

I agree.

I like the ever improving defense. But that shouldn't limit our potential on offense though. 

I would like to use our offense like Dungy used to do in Indianapolis. Play aggressively on offense, and try to score 2 quick touchdowns. 

Once you have an 8+ point lead, you bring out the pass rushing onslaught, and 'pin your ears back' and force the pass, trying to force mistakes and turnovers.

Our defense is well suited for this task if we can get our offense rolling. The major issue that I see is that Carolina plays well between the 20s, but when they get into the redzone they are not very effective unless they use Cam's legs, which will eventually get him hurt ans should be avoided.  

Another quality WR to allow Smith to move over into the slot and #2 permanently is what is lacking. Still. I am interested to see what Ginn can come up with this week though. He is the most exciting FA prospect at WR since Keyshawn.