3 replies to this topic

#1 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

Just wrapped up my final exam for a systems modeling classes using the Solver platform with excel. Any of you ever done statstical modeling doing linear and non-linear programming?

tumblr_mmd9au0jyh1s6qhcto1_400.gif

#2 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 10,237 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

No, but I exorcised vagina one time.

#3 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,359 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

I don't know about this Excel solver thing but I spent the majority of 2000 - 2005 in studying econometrics in undergrad and grad school using SAS, Stata, and Matlab to develop all kinds of linear and nonlinear regression models. And I use absolutely none of it in my job today. It gave me one heck of a solid foundation in terms of thinking analytically and finding innovative ways to answer questions with available data, but I haven't modeled a damn thing since 2007. And I sure as poo don't miss it. What are you studying?

#4 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

Well I'm doing a bachelors of science in CS with a concentration in security. Also have enough ECO for a minor in economics. Don't really know why the fug we are doing regression analytics as a requirements, but it sucks and I'd throw my book in a firepit if I couldn't sell it back. Good stuff to know, but blah, fug that class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.