Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

shula responds to criticism

Best Answer nosuchthingasapanther, 10 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

from the same article, greg olsen...

“When you look back, it’s easy to second-guess everything. I thought our plan was good,” Olsen said. “I thought we had them on their heels at different times. We made critical errors. And that’s not the plays, that’s the guys running them. Between the drops on third down and penalties or turnovers, it’s hard to beat a good team when you do that.”

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#16 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,972 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

Cam was taking what the defense was giving him within the game plan... Seattle was playing deep zone coverage with some of the best DB's in the league.

Cam showed some maturity as a QB by not trying to force the ball downfield into coverage, 2011 and early 2012 Cam would have tried.

Get ready to see more deep zone coverage, defenses want to take away Cam's deep ball and see if he can beat them underneath.

Olsen makes a few catches and DeAngelo hangs onto that ball and we're talking about a win and what a brilliant gameplan Shula put together... LOL

#17 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

You're right. The retards on the internet message boards know more about Seattle's secondary coverage schemes then the coaches.

Didn't you just post 1000 words on an internet message board?

#18 MuMouey

MuMouey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

too much logic.

Here, I will write 1000 words on why 7 points is actually awesome.

Wait i'm confused. Is 12 points awesome?
Whats Seattle's record?
And did we need to score 33 points? Or would a measly 9 more yards by DWill have done the trick?

Hmmmmm

#19 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,238 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

People have been expecting and basically hoping for this guy to fail since we announced his promotion.

#20 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

Wait i'm confused. Is 12 points awesome?
Whats Seattle's record?
And did we need to score 33 points? Or would a measly 9 more yards by DWill have done the trick?

Hmmmmm

lol

Can't tell if serious.

#21 MuMouey

MuMouey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Didn't you just post 1000 words on an internet message board?

Again, hence why we are on here. And coaches have the job u dream everyday about

#22 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,779 posts

It's a grim statistic, and one day later, Panthers coach Ron Rivera was asked a question that had an obvious answer: Is Carolina's approach too conservative?

"Yes it is," Rivera replied at a news conference Monday. "In the inverse, there were a few that were dropped that would have been longer. So there are some things that need to be looked at on both sides in terms of getting the ball vertical.

"And we understand, we looked through it, we talked about it, and those will be the things that we look to do," Rivera added. "We gotta create more of those opportunities."

http://www.nfl.com/n...oo-conservative

“We understand it. We looked through it, we talked about it. And those will be the things that we look to do. We’ve got to create more of those opportunities,” Rivera added. “Some of it too is the quarterback having to pull the ball down and scramble a couple of times. So there are a few things that enter into that. But we are aware of what needs to be done.”

#23 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

People have been expecting and basically hoping for this guy to fail since we announced his promotion.

Yes, we were all praying for a 7 point game in a home loss. This is so awesome.

#24 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,605 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

The time for excuses and explanations has passed. The preseason it was "we are holding back the play book" now it's something else. It's all meaningless excuse making. Why do we always seem to let our opponent dictate what we do? I am ready for the Panthers to dictate how our opponent should react. Good coaches and good teams force the hand of their opponent.

#25 MuMouey

MuMouey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

lol

Can't tell if serious.

Soooo ur now the 5th person that's called me out on that same group of questioning and can't answer a single one.

#26 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

“We understand it. We looked through it, we talked about it. And those will be the things that we look to do. We’ve got to create more of those opportunities,” Rivera added. “Some of it too is the quarterback having to pull the ball down and scramble a couple of times. So there are a few things that enter into that. But we are aware of what needs to be done.”

Obviously, Rivera hasn't read the 1000 word topics on how awesome 7 points really is.

#27 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

Soooo ur now the 5th person that's called me out on that same group of questioning and can't answer a single one.

Can't? Nah

Not worth the energy arguing with someone so misguided? Yep.

Enjoy.

#28 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,220 posts

i touched on this very debate in a thread during the preseason...

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

if carolina's offense stinks it up this season like it did in the preseason, was chud the problem, is shula a problem, or...is it time to really take a good look at the players?

#29 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,238 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Yes, we were all praying for a 7 point game in a home loss. This is so awesome.

It's true.

As much as I love this place and support you and the mods. It's disappointing seeing you guys participate and further this lunacy. It's Tuesday, we should be talking about Buffalo, but all we can do is piss and moan about Seattle.

#30 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

The time for excuses and explanations has passed. The preseason it was "we are holding back the play book" now it's something else. It's all meaningless excuse making. Why do we always seem to let our opponent dictate what we do? I am ready for the Panthers to dictate how our opponent should react. Good coaches and good teams force the hand of their opponent.

Silly talk! The Panthers offense was awesome, despite what the scoreboard says.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.