Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

shula responds to criticism

Best Answer nosuchthingasapanther, 10 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

from the same article, greg olsen...

“When you look back, it’s easy to second-guess everything. I thought our plan was good,” Olsen said. “I thought we had them on their heels at different times. We made critical errors. And that’s not the plays, that’s the guys running them. Between the drops on third down and penalties or turnovers, it’s hard to beat a good team when you do that.”

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#31 MuMouey

MuMouey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

Obviously, Rivera hasn't read the 1000 word topics on how awesome 7 points really is.

Hey zod. Is 12 points awesome?
What's seattle's record?
We're we still only 9 yards away from being 1-0?

I find it odd that JR hasn't called u about the play calling duties yet. Seeing as you know more about Seattle's secondary then any of the coaches who spent months studying it

#32 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

Soooo ur now the 5th person that's called me out on that same group of questioning and can't answer a single one.

Again, our last drive was largely made up of cheap Seattle Penalty yards. Yet you don't tick that in the "gained opportunity" column to offset one of your "bad Cam throws".

No, no one can disagree with the handful of cherry picked plays you chose to specifically make your point that an offensive game plan that gave us 7 points despite the other team giving us 109 of charity yards is really not bad at all.

Why do I get the feeling you take high school football very seriously somewhere in America?

#33 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,495 posts

"I'm not ready to just start calling down field passes, we're not there yet"

Says the guy who held his own QB back for a career low in passing yards

#34 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

It's true.

Spoiler

#35 NavyPF4L

NavyPF4L

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

You may have a point, but at some point they HAVE to. I'm mainly referring to the 4th and inches call...

Except for Deangelo's fumble the running game was pretty solid. The passing game, both Cam's accuracy and the drops, not so much.

Sure lets chance giving them free points by going for it on 4th down from our 30 yard line and just giving them the lead.. Ohh and fuuuug the defense lets just screw up the field position battle while we are at it even though our defense has been shutting them the fug down. Totally great call! Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

The game of football is just a giant game of chess. Our X's and O's were on point. The fact we lost the turnover battle and had some absolute boneheaded penalties at the worst possible times killed us. Do I also need to bring up the dropped passes?!? Oh I'm sorry is the qb not supposed to hit you in the hands Olsen?

#36 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

Hey zod. Is 12 points awesome?
What's seattle's record?
We're we still only 9 yards away from being 1-0?

I find it odd that JR hasn't called u about the play calling duties yet. Seeing as you know more about Seattle's secondary then any of the coaches who spent months studying it

7 points.

#37 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,417 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

In 2012 we ranked number 1 in yards per pass attempt, and had 75 plays of more than 20 yards.  

I don't wanna hear Shula's poo.  If we look at the first game, and even the last games of the season in 2012, Cam has obviously become more patient and adept at taking what the defense gives him, but he was already a master at airing the ball down field. You have to have faith in him, and encourage him to take the mental handcuffs off and help him to unleash his full potential.

#38 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

The time for excuses and explanations has passed. The preseason it was "we are holding back the play book" now it's something else. It's all meaningless excuse making. Why do we always seem to let our opponent dictate what we do? I am ready for the Panthers to dictate how our opponent should react. Good coaches and good teams force the hand of their opponent.

this.

when rivera was hired this was what he said he wants to do. now it's about reacting to what is being dictated to us rather than dictate what we are going to do.

#39 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,306 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

"I'm not ready to just start calling down field passes, we're not there yet"

Says the guy who held his own QB back for a career low in passing yards

The above quote is what should scare Panther fans. Why are we not there yet? Cam has proven he can succeed at those throws and his WR core is supposedly better. Shula s not ready for it because its not in his DNA. It's like a right hander trying to play golf left handed.

#40 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

Its a process.

#41 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

If this were Shula's first OC gig, or if the game plan was a departure from what he's done in the past & it just happened to come up short, I'd be far more comfortable with this.

#42 NavyPF4L

NavyPF4L

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Again, our last drive was largely made up of cheap Seattle Penalty yards. Yet you don't tick that in the "gained opportunity" column to offset one of your "bad Cam throws".

No, no one can disagree with the handful of cherry picked plays you chose to specifically make your point that an offensive game plan that gave us 7 points despite the other team giving us 109 of charity yards is really not bad at all.

Why do I get the feeling you take high school football very seriously somewhere in America?

Someone please change this pic in his posts because they obviously got it wrong. Certified bad ass?? More like certified dumbass for a week. Did the huddle get anal probed by aliens Sunday abducted and replaced with fools from that Shakespeare city?

#43 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

In 2012 we ranked number 1 in yards per pass attempt, and had 75 plays of more than 20 yards.  

I don't wanna hear Shula's poo.  If we look at the first game, and even the last games of the season in 2012, Cam has obviously become more patient and adept at taking what the defense gives him, but he was already a master at airing the ball down field. You have to have faith in him, and encourage him to take the mental handcuffs off and help him to unleash his full potential.

why wasn't shula in cam's ear telling him that ginn was open? why wasn't he giving cam pointers on how to open things up? 

#44 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

Shula is very used to responding to criticism.

The only thing that is going to stop it is going into Buffalo this weekend and putting up 20+ on the Bills.

If we only score 10 points up there.... heaven help us.

#45 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

The above quote is what should scare Panther fans. Why are we not there yet? Cam has proven he can succeed at those throws and his WR core is supposedly better. Shula s not ready for it because its not in his DNA. It's like a right hander trying to play golf left handed.

keep in mind that quote is not in the article.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com