Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many points against Buffalo will the Offense need to redeem themselves?

How many points?   143 votes

1. 1. How many points will the offense need to redeem themselves on Sunday?

• 0-7
    • 7-14
    • 14-21
    • 21-28
    • 28+
    • Doesn't matter, as long as they win.
    • They did great Sunday, nothing to redeem.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

63 posts in this topic

Posted

"14 points doesn't beat good teams" and "good teams don't score less than 14" are completely different things.

aw man you told him i was gonna wait and see how long it took him to figure it out

Posted

"14 points doesn't beat good teams" and "good teams don't score less than 14" are completely different things.

-14 points DID beat the 49ers 5 times last year

- the 49ers are a "good team"

Posted

He has a point when you put this in context. The 49ers who were in the SB scored 13 or less points every 3 games. Thus, points per game does not necessarily mean you end up in the SB or playoffs. Another example of this argument on the opposite side is the 2012 Saints. They were 3rd in the NFL in points per game scored. They did not even sniff the playoffs.

Have a game plan and execute it. If it means keeping the offense moving slow to allow a good opponent's offense off the field, do it.

They still scored 24 ppg which is pretty damn good.

And no, having a high ppg doesn't guarantee playoffs, just like quitting smoking doesn't guarantee you won't die of cancer

Posted

meh.  I want the team to score enough to win.

But, for me to have confidence in the offense going forward, I want them to bury the Bills.

Posted

lmao wrong again. God this is too easy

49ers scored 13 points or fewer in 5 out of 16 games last year. But going to 2 straight NFC championship games and being 1 play away from the Lombardi trophy is no big deal right? 

But you idiots keep thinking that "total points" matter, when not factored into a game-by game basis

attachicon.gif49ers 2012 Sched.png

...they also lost 4 of those games.

Points do matter.

Posted

-14 points DID beat the 49ers 5 times last year

- the 49ers are a "good team"

they were not playing well in the games in which they scored fewer than 14.

Posted

So now it's not enough to win, we must win pretty...

It is time to win, and I don't give a damn how we do it. Given our recent history, I would think that would be good enough for most fans.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's like Seattle put up 40 on us. Seattle only scores one touchdown as well. I'm pretty sure they aren't concerned. It was a defensive battle. That's all no need for panic. The offense was efficient. They had a game plan stuck to it and it worked save one freak play.

We won't be playing Seattle every week that alone will make the offense better.

Posted

It is time to win, and I don't give a damn how we do it. Given our recent history, I would think that would be good enough for most fans.

So let's say we win with a safety, 2-0.

You'd feel confident in the offense?

My interpretation of the OP, which may have been incorrect, was "how many points does the offense need to do in order to regain your confidence in them?"  Perhaps I was wrong, but I'm not going to be happy with our offense if it sucks, no matter the outcome of games.  I may be happy with the team, but I can be annoyed with how we're playing on offense despite that.

Posted

It's like Seattle put up 40 on us. Seattle only scores one touchdown as well. I'm pretty sure they aren't concerned. It was a defensive battle. That's all no need for panic. The offense was efficient. They had a game plan stuck to it and it worked save one freak play.

We won't be playing Seattle every week that alone will make the offense better.

Are you sure they aren't concerned?  Some of the Seattle fans in the game were crying bloody murder at how conservative they were playing on offense.

Posted

Bare minimum of 100 points. Or Shula will be run out of town immediately.

Posted

no, it's win convincingly and having built up enough of a cushion on the scoreboard that you don't have to worry about the other team miraculously coming back in the last few minutes and scoring enough to beat you. if we think that all we need to do is put just enough points on the board to squeak by with a win and that we can absolutely totally depend on our defense to be perfect in the last minutes and protect a close lead we're asking for trouble.

1 person likes this