12 replies to this topic

#1 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

http://espn.go.com/c...-les-miles-era?

The NCAA has lost "institutional control" as a governing body it seems.

#2 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,467 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

I seriously doubt OSU is only school doing this, they are likely just the tip of the iceberg.

Is it just a matter of time till these "student athletes" are recognized as a de facto farm league players for the NFL and paid accordingly?

#3 ncfan

ncfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

This

I may get blasted for this, but think OSU may have just ticked off (outbid) for a player or something (hint hint $EC) and they turned them in.  You are right this goes on everywhere.  NCAA just wings it on who they look at how they are punished etc.  Really don't think they have a "rule book" just throw darts on punishments etc.

http://college-footb...nstagram-money/

I seriously doubt OSU is only school doing this, they are likely just the tip of the iceberg.

Is it just a matter of time till these "student athletes" are recognized as a de facto farm league players for the NFL and paid accordingly?

#4 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,696 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

This

I may get blasted for this, but think OSU may have just ticked off (outbid) for a player or something (hint hint $EC) and they turned them in.  You are right this goes on everywhere.  NCAA just wings it on who they look at how they are punished etc.  Really don't think they have a "rule book" just throw darts on punishments etc.

http://college-footb...nstagram-money/

They probably was the ones feeding all the stuff on Manzel. This is probably Texas A&M boosters flinging it back too them.  Then you have Yahoo reporting this.

http://sports.yahoo....-202513237.html

When this all starts it hard to turn the facet off.  WVU and Michigan went through this when Rich Rod left.  Mainly the booster kept firing accusation back and forth using the media. 

So yeah it probably Texas getting both of them in trouble. lol

#5 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

They probably was the ones feeding all the stuff on Manzel. This is probably Texas A&M boosters flinging it back too them. Then you have Yahoo reporting this.

http://sports.yahoo....-202513237.html

When this all starts it hard to turn the facet off. WVU and Michigan went through this when Rich Rod left. Mainly the booster kept firing accusation back and forth using the media.

So yeah it probably Texas getting both of them in trouble. lol

Yahoo, ESPN....all the same feed. However.... Alabama and Miss. St. just got tagged.

#6 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,696 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:56 AM

Yahoo, ESPN....all the same feed. However.... Alabama and Miss. St. just got tagged.

Yahoo is reporting 5 SEC players.  Which is what the link is I posted.

University of Alabama offensive tackle D.J. Fluker, University of Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray, Tennessee defensive end Maurice Couch, Mississippi State University defensive tackle Fletcher Cox and Mississippi State wideout Chad Bumphis

1 from Alabama 2 from Tennessee 2 from Mississippi St.  None from LSU go figure since Miles is supposedly the  coach that brought all the stuff to Oklahoma St.

#7 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

Oops! I should've opened the link you provided before responding, my bad!

#8 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

Saban getting testy at his recent presser
http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=9664742

Auto correct

#9 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

OSUCHEAT... oh wait... nvm.

Lol.

#10 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,929 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

Spoiler

#11 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

Interesting, I didn't know that SZ.  Yup, was the OC from 05-07.

*shrugs*

But again, with big money involved, if programs aren't cheating, they aren't going to win.  Any university with any semblance of a successful sports program is doing some kind of cheating, well at least according to the NCAA's "rules."

I'm hoping that with each story coming out and it becoming blatantly clear to even the most casual and/or naive college sports fan out there, that the NCAA will either completely overhaul their system or the schools will move on to a different union-type structure and leave the NCAA altogether, because it is a joke of an organization and the "game" is too big now for them to police it - oh, and then make money off of it.

#12 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

Duke, Wake, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Rice etc... all pay their players.  The average cost of tuition room and board at those schools is in the neighborhood of 60 grand a year, which is a decent salary. 

#13 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

Go to any university in America and hand out 100 hundred dollar bills. 99 students will say "Thank you", but one student has to say "I can't take that".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com