Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Top Rookie of Week 1

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Guess you didn't see the thread on how to be an OP....

Posted

One of the few bright spot on Sunday. Star is going to be special. I'm still speechless to how we landed him at no14.

1 person likes this

Posted

One of the few bright spot on Sunday. Star is going to be special. I'm still speechless to how we landed him at no14.

Wouldn't say he's 'one' of the bright spots. We took one of the best teams in the NFL to the limit and the entire DL played great. Only the secondary was really weak, but that said how many times will we face a QB as adept at escaping pressure as Wilson?

You put Brees or Ryan in those situations and we come out with 5-6 sacks.

3 people like this

Posted

Nice! Doubt we get ROTY 3 times in a row cause I do t think DL get that much notice.

Posted

Yeah, I doubt Star will garner any attention because of the position he plays, nonetheless, I'm ecstatic to have him anchoring our D-Line. I didn't expect him to shine this fast however. He absolutely dictated The Seahawk's O-Line.

Posted

Impressive!

Posted

I have to say that I am glad we took Star in the 1st. He is making his presense felt early. I believe the more reps he has the better he will get.

Posted

When you post a link, have an excerpt or some of your own thoughts along with it. No one is interested in how quickly you can post it.

Sorry, posted it right before i went to sleep last night.and I wasn't trying to be the first to post. Just was given him props Cuz his great play seemed overlooked. Some people don't care about 50 threads on why the Offense struggled

Posted

Nice! Doubt we get ROTY 3 times in a row cause I do t think DL get that much notice.

I don't know, I think its quite possible. I mean he got the nod as best rookie in NFL (offense and defense). And thats over QBs. Of course that is just one site, but that's all you need to start the recognition.

Plus, the fact we have such a tough schedule makes his contributions more noticable. It sort of plays in his favor. You stuff a Ryan Grant, big deal. But you stuff Lynch, AP, Jackson, Martin, or Gore......you have a better shot at getting notice. And, a lot of people are talking about how improved our Dline is because of his addition. Maybe not the "sexy" pick, but quite possible.

Posted

Its amazing what a difference a legitimate pro bowl caliber DT makes.

Both Johnson and Hardy should have career years. (Provided Alexander can stay in the game and give them some rest from time to time. )