40 replies to this topic

#1 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

Lotulelei, whom the Panthers selected 14th overall out of Utah, earned the start alongside veteran defensive tackle Dwan Edwards and underrated defensive ends Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy. The rookie hardly relied upon his help, however, frequently absorbing double-teams and yet still recording four tackles in his debut, including a three-yard tackle for loss of Seahawks' star running back Marshawn Lynch and nearly recording a sack for a safety of quarterback Russell Wilson.
Lotulelei was part of a unit that held Lynch to just 43 yards on 17 carries, less than half of his 99.38 yard-per-game average of a season ago.

http://www.cbssports...-star-lotulelei

#2 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,299 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

Guess you didn't see the thread on how to be an OP....

#3 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,310 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

One of the few bright spot on Sunday. Star is going to be special. I'm still speechless to how we landed him at no14.

#4 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

One of the few bright spot on Sunday. Star is going to be special. I'm still speechless to how we landed him at no14.

Wouldn't say he's 'one' of the bright spots. We took one of the best teams in the NFL to the limit and the entire DL played great. Only the secondary was really weak, but that said how many times will we face a QB as adept at escaping pressure as Wilson?

You put Brees or Ryan in those situations and we come out with 5-6 sacks.

#5 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:32 AM

Nice! Doubt we get ROTY 3 times in a row cause I do t think DL get that much notice.

#6 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,887 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

Yeah, I doubt Star will garner any attention because of the position he plays, nonetheless, I'm ecstatic to have him anchoring our D-Line. I didn't expect him to shine this fast however. He absolutely dictated The Seahawk's O-Line.

#7 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,274 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

Impressive!

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

When you post a link, have an excerpt or some of your own thoughts along with it. No one is interested in how quickly you can post it.

#9 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

I have to say that I am glad we took Star in the 1st. He is making his presense felt early. I believe the more reps he has the better he will get.

#10 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,818 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

When you post a link, have an excerpt or some of your own thoughts along with it. No one is interested in how quickly you can post it.

Sorry, posted it right before i went to sleep last night.and I wasn't trying to be the first to post. Just was given him props Cuz his great play seemed overlooked. Some people don't care about 50 threads on why the Offense struggled

#11 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

Nice! Doubt we get ROTY 3 times in a row cause I do t think DL get that much notice.

I don't know, I think its quite possible. I mean he got the nod as best rookie in NFL (offense and defense). And thats over QBs. Of course that is just one site, but that's all you need to start the recognition.

Plus, the fact we have such a tough schedule makes his contributions more noticable. It sort of plays in his favor. You stuff a Ryan Grant, big deal. But you stuff Lynch, AP, Jackson, Martin, or Gore......you have a better shot at getting notice. And, a lot of people are talking about how improved our Dline is because of his addition. Maybe not the "sexy" pick, but quite possible.

#12 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

Its amazing what a difference a legitimate pro bowl caliber DT makes.

Both Johnson and Hardy should have career years. (Provided Alexander can stay in the game and give them some rest from time to time. )

#13 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,350 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

Absolute steal of the draft. If we have a top five defense by the end of the year I think he'll be a favorite for DROTY.

#14 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

On the 3th play of the game from the Seahawks, he manhandled Unger right into Wilson. Set the tone for a great game for him.
He'll be an absolute beast this season.

#15 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 3,127 posts
  • Location910

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

I love me some Starlite. Still had to believe we got him, just getting started and already looking dominate. His pass rush is coming along to, i said after the draft he had the necessary skills to get after the passer and wasn't a two down guy. Just needed work on his technique.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com