#16 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

No please, tell me more about this Amway....sounds promising

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

As long as Bobcats is off the uniform...I do not care if we play in potato sacks.

#17 John Morgan

John Morgan

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

Morning, gang!

Some potential (I want to stress...POTENTIAL) colors might've started their slow leak into the public sphere last night.  I'll save y'all any extra blabbering and just repost what I put on the 'We Beelieve' page.  

Last night, I posted an interesting little tidbit from Chris Creamer's renown SportsLogos forum.  It's all a rumor at this point, but a well-respected member of the community posted the color swatches seen here.  He added that these were designated as the colors for the Charlotte Hornets, starting in 2014-15, and that he'd seen them in the NBA's 'Official Color Standards Document'.  Now again, I haven't been able to completely verify anything yet, but I figured I had to share what might be the start of some really exciting news for the Queen City's b-ball fanatics.

In last night's comments, there seemed to be 2 common observations: 1) the Teal and Purple aren't Teal and Purple enough and 2) What's with the Carolina Blue?!?  I've done a quick PicStitch below, and hopefully it'll help allay any concerns (if this little leak does indeed turn out to have something to it):

At the top, you see the original screen grab from the SportsLogos forum.  If you read the fine print, you'll see that the poster ('Conrad'...if you're out there, gimme a holler!) states that the Color Standards Document designates the Carolina Blue as a 'uni-only pinstripe'.  More on that in a second.

In the far left picture, you see the original, official Charlotte Hornets logo we all know and love.  In the far right picture, you see a slightly more 'saturated' image.  What I did: using the 'dropper' tool in Photoshop, I simply sampled the colors from the color swatches, then placed them side-by-side with their predecessors from the original logo.  I think you'll agree: they're identical.

Finally, the center picture.  I posted this in the 'comments' section of last night's original post.  It features LJ, but more apropos of our current conversation, it features our original jersey...complete with Carolina Blue stripe (as well as a deeper, more Royal Blue stripe, as well as a Green stripe).  Again, this aligns with what last night's image lays out, in that the Carolina Blue would be used as a 'uni-only pinstripe'.

As for the gray and black...y'alls' guesses are as good as mine.

Now again, I want to stress: this is still 100% speculation at this point, and if there's one thing we've learned these last few years, it's that you don't count your chickens before they've hatched.  That being said, this jibes pretty perfectly with some of the things I've heard from people in and around the rebranding process.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

In any event, I can, beyond a shadow of a doubt, guarantee y'all of one thing: it's gonna be an exciting couple of years around these parts.

Attached Files

#18 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

I'm really curious to sees what the black and grey could be used for. I'm sure the alternates would be whatever color isn't the primary, whether it's purple or teal. Unless they could use a second alternate? But idk. I think black and grey would look nice if used in a proper way.

#19 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

I'm fine with the colors. The teal and purple aren't too far off from the original colors and the rest will just be accent colors or alternate colors.

If that is truly what they'll be, I'm happy with it.

I'm more concerned with the logo. I wouldn't really mind a complete remake of the logo. The old logo was fine in its day, but it needs an update.

#20 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

BACK TO THE BUZZ

• HUDDLER
  • 2,062 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

keep it old school.

#21 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

I'm still getting a good laugh out of all the idiots bashing Jordan "for putting that ugly Tar Heel blue" on their beloved Hornets uniform.

Tar Heel blue on a Hornets uniform?!?!?! Welcome to 1988.

#22 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,297 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

Go 90s out and have that black used in an Orlando Magic style alternate. 

#23 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,210 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

Awesome...  Happy to see we're keeping in line with the originals.  BUT, how awesome is it gonna be to have an all-black alternate uni with purple and teal stripes???  Can't wait!

#24 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

Go 90s out and have that black used in an Orlando Magic style alternate.

You mean 90s Bulls?

#25 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

Awesome... Happy to see we're keeping in line with the originals. BUT, how awesome is it gonna be to have an all-black alternate uni with purple and teal stripes??? Can't wait!

That would look sweet a$$ sweet. So idk about the nba and how many alternates u can have. But I figure our road jersey will be the original teal. And purple being and alternate. Are they allowed to have a 2nd alternate that's not a throwback.

But damn that black jersey would be sweet.

#26 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,297 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

You mean 90s Bulls?

That works, too. But the Magic were the first ones to pop to my head with their throwbacks.

#27 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

I know there was alot of news about charlotte leading ticket sales this offseason. anyone have a link to where this stuff is updated? I'm just curious on how their doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users