Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Ranking the Young QB's According to ESPN

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
132 replies to this topic

#121 Rook35200

Rook35200

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

And he looks so goofy when he rans. He's the most unathletic looking athletic QB

#122 Guest_KingKam_*

Guest_KingKam_*
Guests

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

Yeah, the only one looking good so far I'll say is Luck because he is the only one who is playing on a not so solid team. Now that the teams around RG3 and Kaep are looking average, we are starting to see who they really are. I doubt Wilson can be that solid on a bad team.

Luck threw for only 164 yards today. Not much can be determined from that. I've said this before and I'll keep saying it, I see Matt Schaub in him. The TEAM won. They have a very good team. loaded at WRs and RBs, what more does he want?

#123 Guest_KingKam_*

Guest_KingKam_*
Guests

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

Luck is gonna be special, honestly.

RG3 & Kap are garbage.

Wilson will be decent, nothing spectacular. Seattle would make any QB look good.

Cam is, well, Superman.

When? tomorrow? Lol

A lot of Luck fans in this forum. Yet anti everyone else. funny!

#124 Guest_KingKam_*

Guest_KingKam_*
Guests

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

Waht's wrong with the Colts?

please, do tell.

#125 Guest_KingKam_*

Guest_KingKam_*
Guests

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

Luck didn't even throw for 200 yards today and had no passing TDs.

And yet the game wasn't even really that close.

Amazing how TEAMS can make the QB look good.  (And this isn't to imply that Luck is a bad QB... far from it.)

Oh... and I wonder how long it will be before the 49ers start really, really missing Alex Smith?   :lol:

Second game he barely throws for 170. The game he throws for more than that he attempted 43 passes but complete under 60%. I'm seeing a pattern here.

#126 Guest_KingKam_*

Guest_KingKam_*
Guests

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

U think Luck is a better talent, in what way?

IMO, Luck is simply another media chosen white QB who we're to believe is the best since slice bread based on nothing more than him being less criticized by those who chose him. REALLY?!

Let's be real, not even Russel, Colin, nor RG III are placed in the same realm as Luck, as much as they are praised by the sports media folks. Luck has always been set apart from the other QBs as if he's some golden boy. Why is that? And unlike Cam, Luck has NEVER received any ridicule what so ever. It's so clear yet some are afraid to say it but I will because it's so darn obvious.

They can only keep this up for so long. They just can't help it. It's already apparent that the team is protecting him through play calling. They're not putting the ball in his hand even with all the WRs they have. The team already know about Luck's deficiency. In 2 more years he will be recognized as just a Matt Schaub or Alex Smith type. This charade can only last for so long. Give it time.

#127 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
Guests

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

KingKam=KT

#128 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

Luck is clutch but as of right now he's an overrated gunslinger. I don't see him as a cerebral precision passer at all. He's no Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning. He's good, but not great.

Kaepernick is struggling but he's got a legitimate fastball. His mechanics still need work and his decision-making has been exposed. I like him though. Colin can be quite the decade starter for The 49ers if he works out the kinks.

RG3 has appeared awful in the pocket. Just dreadful, in my honest opinion (for the level of hype he got). He looked better on rollouts today but without his legs and The Pistol, RG3 could be the most average QB from in this group.

Wilson is easily my favorite here [not named Cam Newton]. He might be a game manager but he's a fantastic one. That said, he's got the potential to be a Drew Brees. His accuracy while on the run is impressive and scary as hell. Russell is also a fudging slippery bastard.

Cam can be superhuman at times but he needs to be more consistent. Thus far, Newton has shown that he's the superior pocket passer over Kaepernick and RG3. So the sky is the limit for him but I want to see him continue to make strides as a passer.

#129 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

Every time I see Luck interview, he reminds me of the GEICO caveman lol.

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#130 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

Cam is sitting at about 20 in the rankings. 

Would like to see him finish the season around 8-12

#131 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

Luck is clutch but as of right now he's an overrated gunslinger. I don't see him as a cerebral precision passer at all. He's no Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning. He's good, but not great.

Kaepernick is struggling but he's got a legitimate fastball. His mechanics still need work and his decision-making has been exposed. I like him though. Colin can be quite the decade starter for The 49ers if he works out the kinks.

RG3 has appeared awful in the pocket. Just dreadful, in my honest opinion (for the level of hype he got). He looked better on rollouts today but without his legs and The Pistol, RG3 could be the most average QB from in this group.

Wilson is easily my favorite here [not named Cam Newton]. He might be a game manager but he's a fantastic one. That said, he's got the potential to be a Drew Brees. His accuracy while on the run is impressive and scary as hell. Russell is also a fudging slippery bastard.

Cam can be superhuman at times but he needs to be more consistent. Thus far, Newton has shown that he's the superior pocket passer over Kaepernick and RG3. So the sky is the limit for him but I want to see him continue to make strides as a passer.

Nice overall analysis. 

Luck is good, but overrated. And I think he's been more fortunate than "clutch" during his rookie season. 

Kaepernick was/is severely overrated. And both him and RG3 are horrible pocket QB's (particularly RG3), when you take away the misdirection, pistol, motion (for RG3) and running games/threat. They both get happy feet in the pocket as well. 

I like Wilson, as you. He's an excellent "game manager" as you say. But of course he's helped by that great defense and running game. He's more "clutch" than Luck I'd say, as well. 

I think Tannenhill (who no one ever mentions) may end up being better than RG3 and Kaepernick. And I was mentioning him last year as a better pocket QB than those two. 

As far as Cam: Don't forget Newton's handicapped, by easily "the worst and most inconsistent coaching" out the group, which effects his stats, wins and overall reputation. That has something to do with is "consistency". 

As I keep saying: If Rivera allows Cam and The Panthers to score a TD last weeks (particularly a passing one by Cam), he has 3 TD's 1 INT, 280+ yards, a win. And now the Panthers are 2-1. Who would complain, except the haters?

Football's not a perfect sport. Sometimes you look better or worse, depending on the moment. However, Rivera didn't give his team a chance to win. And instead, he wanted to cling to 3-6 pt lead, by trying to inexplicably run the clock out. That was unforgivable, and [it's things like that  which] continually handicaps Newtown more than we'd ever realize. 

Yesterday was better. But I still don't trust Rivera, and would fire him at the end of the year, regardless. Just look at what Andy Reid has done to the lowly Chiefs?

Various teams, seem to cycle through good and bad years. However, the Panthers just stay perpetually bad. I congratulate them for their win yesterday. But the Panthers need better than Ron Rivera as Head Coach. 

#132 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

Lol damn Cam gets zero respect. He starts getting wins people will take notice again.

Actually Cam does get a lot of respect as a QB. Even yesterday they were marveling at his accomplishments so far. But sadly u're right, his accomplishments do get diminished a bit when placed in the full picture of playing for the Panthers.

#133 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
Guests

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

And he looks so goofy when he rans. He's the most unathletic looking athletic QB

loludumb