Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CRA's view of EJ's week 1

30 posts in this topic

Posted

great thread, would read again

Posted

I like the scheme they run. Alot of easy throws. 2 players attacking short on crossing routes almost every play and 1-2 mid and deep with the RB on man killers out of the back field. Lots of options and hard for the defense to defend properly. Pick your poison. The good thing is EJ is a rook and will try to force things. 

Anyone else notice EJ's footwork? Pretty nice. 

Someone needs to make a Cam video like that of SEA game. 

Posted

Dude had a pretty clean pocket to throw from............need to get in his face up the middle.

Patriots dline didn't impress.

oline picked up the blitz really good.

Posted

Dude had a pretty clean pocket to throw from............need to get in his face up the middle.

Patriots dline didn't impress.

oline picked up the blitz really good.

I think this weekends meltdown will be OMG what happened to our DL. Buffalo is trying to build a quick pace offense.....this isn't Baltimore or Seattle. There offense is designed to give DLs less opportunities.

Posted

Cautiously optimistic about this game

Posted

Being an FSU fan, EJ cannot really put touch on the ball. He is very inaccurate. He also can't read a defense. Having said that, he's good on the run and doesn't get raddled by taking hits.

Just watched every throw EJ took against the Pats and I have a couple thoughts.

-Overwhelming majority of his throws looked to be about 2 yards down field...lot of RB/TE or cross WR

- then he lobs one downfield. Accuracy looked bad on about half of those.

- He is big and he will run.

So my take? I actually think he gets the ball out quick. He looks to have his mind made up he is taking he short route or check down pretty early on. He also seemed he had his deep ball planned as soon as the ball was snapped and where it was going

I think the fact he looks to go short so quick so often it could play against our pass rush.

That mean those short garbage throws are things we need to take away from him.

Live or die with him beating our weak secondary....