Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

Norman not starting is a joke. 

Send Capt's ass to NB

I would give this triple pie if I could.  Capt got burnt on so many 3rd downs.  I really do not understand why we re-signed him.  The starting CB on a team that leads the league in completion percentage should not get re-signed once he is a free agent.

#32 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,588 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

despite what the overall numbers say, munnerlyn was definitely the worst corner on the field sunday.

thomas got burned for a td, but outside of that he only allowed 2 other catches for 17 total yards. the 43 yard td catch is what escalated wilson's qb rating against him.

#33 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,616 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

Norman must totally suck at practice or tells Rivera to suck one every time he is given coaching advice.

Seemed like such a nice kid in all of this year's interviews. 

Baffles the mind, don't it?

#34 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,545 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

despite what the overall numbers say, munnerlyn was definitely the worst corner on the field sunday.

thomas got burned for a td, but outside of that he only allowed 2 other catches for 17 total yards. the 43 yard td catch is what escalated wilson's qb rating against him.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Every time Munnerlyn was on the field, the QB threw his way. Just about every long completion was Munnerlyn's man. Thomas sucked too, but I think Munnerlyn was worse. I want to see Moore or White starting beside Norman.

#35 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,588 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

Norman must totally suck at practice or tells Rivera to suck one every time he is given coaching advice.

Seemed like such a nice kid in all of this year's interviews. 

Baffles the mind, don't it?

norman played 37 snaps sunday (28 in coverage). no one heard about him because he was doing his job. he was only thrown at 2x. he allowed 1 catch for 13 yards (0 yac).

i'm of the belief rivera and company were game planning against lynch. if that was the case, thomas and munnerlyn are both better in run support than norman. not saying norman is bad, the other 2 are just better. 

#36 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,616 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

norman played 37 snaps sunday (28 in coverage). no one heard about him because he was doing his job. he was only thrown at 2x. he allowed 1 catch for 13 yards (0 yac).

i'm of the belief rivera and company were game planning against lynch. if that was the case, thomas and munnerlyn are both better in run support than norman. not saying norman is bad, the other 2 are just better. 

One-Fitty-eight-poin-three, aka 158.3.  'Splain dat.

#37 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,967 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

Rivera playing favorites per usual... and to our detriment.

#38 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

Norman not starting is a joke. 

Send Capt's ass to NB

Agreed

And I don't know if I would do that.... I'd sign Florence back, cut Munnerlyn, and put DJ Moore or Thomas at NB 

#39 TreFoPanther

TreFoPanther

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

Weird that Josh Thomas gets hate. I mean he is a Pro Bowl candidate on my Madden 25 CFM. I'm 5-3 right now.

5-3? You suck at Madden bro

#40 TreFoPanther

TreFoPanther

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

Munnerlyn would not see the field for most NFL teams. He is by far the weakest link on our team

#41 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,134 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

I want to give Norman a shot to start, but this is not the week. The vast majority of Manuel's passes were short dinks. Tons of screens, throws in the flats, crossing routes, slants. Norman is notorious for refusing to play on his man, and giving a big cushion even when it's not called for by the playcall. I don't know why he does it, maybe he thinks it helps him make a play, but when the opponent's passing offense is based around the short ball, it just doesn't work. For reference watch the Bears game from last year when Cutler picked on our cushions about 8 times in a row on slants and drove down the field.

#42 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

5-3? You suck at Madden bro

Excuse me lol? Defense sucks in this game.

#43 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,575 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

Rivera playing favorites per usual... and to our detriment.

You know, I just poo pooed this notion all along, but now I believe that it may have some validity.

But, Rivera is the coach, so his expertise has to count for something.

#44 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,575 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

I want to give Norman a shot to start, but this is not the week. The vast majority of Manuel's passes were short dinks. Tons of screens, throws in the flats, crossing routes, slants. Norman is notorious for refusing to play on his man, and giving a big cushion even when it's not called for by the playcall. I don't know why he does it, maybe he thinks it helps him make a play, but when the opponent's passing offense is based around the short ball, it just doesn't work. For reference watch the Bears game from last year when Cutler picked on our cushions about 8 times in a row on slants and drove down the field.

That was last season. During the preseason game a few weeks ago, Norman helped shut Cutler down.

#45 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

Refusing to play on his man?!?!? 

Do you have a quote or any evidence to suggest the coaches told him to play up and he refused to? 

Unless Norman just doesnt know the playbook which I highly doubt the plays and game plan dictate the cushion / press etc. 

So any quotes from Rivera saying Norman was playing wrong or out of position? Or Norman saying he messed up the play and didnt play the right coverage? 

One play in a game sure. But after that the coaches would be in his ear and ass. So I cant see a sane player that wanted to play CONTINUE to play the wrong coverage. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com