Photo
- - - - -

Artest to sign with Lakers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,401 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

Source: Rotoworld per CBS sportsline

Rockets unrestricted free agent Ron Artest told CBSSportsline.com that he is going to sign with the Lakers.

CBS's Ken Berger offers no details, but says they are coming. Artest is a huge coup for the Lakers if the news is true, as they could then afford to lose Trevor Ariza (who, ironically, could be joining the Rockets) and/or Lamar Odom to free agency.

#2 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:06 PM

Well that means Ariza will end up with the Cavs then.

#3 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:37 PM

from fox sports

The Los Angeles Times says the two sides are close to reaching a deal, probably for the full mid-level exception, roughly five years and $32 million. Bauman would not confirm numbers, saying the deal was still being negotiated

http://msn.foxsports...ign-with-Lakers

#4 stevesmith8917

stevesmith8917

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:05 PM

Bryant
Gasol
Artest
Bynum
Thats not even fair.

#5 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:32 PM

Well that means Ariza will end up with the Cavs then.

nope, rumors have him going to houston

#6 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,710 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:54 AM

It's kinda funny that Ariza was insulted by the Lakers' Offer and he ends up getting the same deal from Houston that he did from LA.

#7 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:31 AM

Ariza is a dumbass. For the same kind of money he could've signed with Cleveland or another contender. He better enjoy this contract cuz he'll never see another as good as this 1. Lakers played this scenario perfectly.

#8 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:21 AM

He says it wasn't about the money, it was that he never felt wanted in LA

#9 Peppa Jack Supreme

Peppa Jack Supreme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:47 AM

If you could get Artest would you want Ariza? I wouldnt.

Im really sick of the rich getting richer. Thats all the NBA has become. These teams have no fear of the the luxary tax anymore and they are spitting in the face of the salary cap. Its becoming silly. LA, Cleveland, Boston, Portland, Orlando and Detriot are the only teams making any noise. This is bad for basketball

#10 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:54 PM

If you could get Artest would you want Ariza? I wouldnt.

Im really sick of the rich getting richer. Thats all the NBA has become. These teams have no fear of the the luxary tax anymore and they are spitting in the face of the salary cap. Its becoming silly. LA, Cleveland, Boston, Portland, Orlando and Detriot are the only teams making any noise. This is bad for basketball

I agree 140%. I f**king hate the Lakers!!!!! I cant stand these bastards man, always pull poo like this off. They win a title in '82 and get the #1 pick and take James Worthy!!!! A HOFer. Getting Abdul Jabbar from Milwaukee. Raping the Hornets for Kobe, Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown, seems like the Lakers are always taking sorry ass small market teams best players and trading away their garbage for them. The fact that Ariza chose Houston stinks like a mudder f**ker. Artest is a guy I really respect as a basketball player, but him joining the Lakers makes him a SELLOUT to me. I pray to my maker that the Bobcats sweep these clowns again next year.

#11 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:07 PM

wow.

Artest > Ariza, but Trevor made some really good plays for us and I will miss his defensive skills, but he wants to go where he's "needed" the most.

#12 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:54 PM

I agree 140%. I f**king hate the Lakers!!!!! I cant stand these bastards man, always pull poo like this off. They win a title in '82 and get the #1 pick and take James Worthy!!!! A HOFer. Getting Abdul Jabbar from Milwaukee. Raping the Hornets for Kobe, Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown, seems like the Lakers are always taking sorry ass small market teams best players and trading away their garbage for them. The fact that Ariza chose Houston stinks like a mudder f**ker. Artest is a guy I really respect as a basketball player, but him joining the Lakers makes him a SELLOUT to me. I pray to my maker that the Bobcats sweep these clowns again next year.

In the words of someone much smarter than me, "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

It's not the Lakers fault that the league is set up the way it is. Should they not try and improve? Anyway, get ready for a repeat and then a threepeat. :D