• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

In Buffalo, Sal Maiorana and Adam Benigni discuss Sunday's Bills-Panthers game.

Posted Image

"I'm not concerned about how Cam Newton will attack them through the air."

"I'm not concerned about defense against the Panthers"

"I'm not sure Carolina can match New England front 7 wise" (lolwut?)

We witnessed last night that Tom Brady has a worse wide receiver position to be in than the Panthers. Sorry Sal, it wasn't the Buffalo defense that held Brady, it was Brady's lack of NFL caliber receivers.

Click here to view the article

#2 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,621 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:58 AM

Ignorance personified.

#3 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

Why does everyone think New England has a better front 7? The disrespect is staggering

#4 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,469 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

After watching some of the Jets/Patriots game last night, the only way someone could say Carolina's front 7 isn't as good as New England's is if they haven't seen any part of a Carolina game since 2011.

#5 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,592 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:02 AM

I don't really blame him for the first two statements listed here.  Our passing attack and our offense in general doesn't exactly inspire fear in anyone.

The third statement is laughable though. 

#6 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

Why does everyone think New England has a better front 7? The disrespect is staggering

Not sure. I think it is just lazy journalism. New England hasn't had a decent defense in years.

#7 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

I just watched NE-Jets game, quite interesting to rate the Bills D.

One thing I can say is that the Patriots receivers got a lot more separation against the Bills secondary then they did against the Jets, especially in the middle. Olsen and Smith in the slot could do wonders. We really need to attack the middle.

Second: that NE front 7 is A LOT weaker than ours. We should be able to create a lot of pressure in EJ's face. Please, Alexander or someone else, don't do stupid things, you won't need it.

Thirth: NE OL protected Brady very good, if you see how Bills front 7 did against them... If our OL can give Cam some time, I can't see how we can lose that game.

#8 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:26 AM

I watched this earlier. Small time coverage for a region full of Cowboys and Giants fans. Is it hockey season yet?

#9 osd22

osd22

Weltmeister

• ALL-PRO
  • 567 posts
  • LocationNo. 1 Panthers Fan in Deutschland

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

Sunday is going to be very fun...

#10 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

While Carolinas front 7 is better NEs is nothing to write off. They have 3 lbs that were all highly drafted Spikes, Hightower, and Mayo

Their line has Wilfork who is a HoF lineman and Chandler who if not for Kuechly being all world would be the best defensive prospect to come out of the 2012 draft

#11 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

I just watched NE-Jets game, quite interesting to rate the Bills D.

One thing I can say is that the Patriots receivers got a lot more separation against the Bills secondary then they did against the Jets, especially in the middle. Olsen and Smith in the slot could do wonders. We really need to attack the middle.
Second: that NE front 7 is A LOT weaker than ours. We should be able to create a lot of pressure in EJ's face. Please, Alexander or someone else, don't do stupid things, you won't need it.
Thirth: NE OL protected Brady very good, if you see how Bills front 7 did against them... If our OL can give Cam some time, I can't see how we can lose that game.

While I agree with you about Olsen and Smith, does anyone really think that is the best course of action anymore? While its good for fantasy it's not good for us. We need to have plays with Ginn and Lafell as the number one option and finally use Steve as a decoy. He's been our number one target forever and I have never seen a game where we followed a gameplan using Smith in other ways. The defense keys on Smith, design plays to use Smith to get Ginn open over the top and Olsen over the middle.

Just my idea, not from Madden although it does work. Cam has to stop staring down Smith. Against the Seahawks Lafell was targeted twice, and Ginn once and the Seahawks played it stopping our big plays and baiting Cam into contained underneath throws.

#12 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,652 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

combine this with the dareus comments, and i'm getting a sense that the bills might be considering themselves to be at a higher level than this lowly team from the south. i think there really is a lack of respect for the panthers. coming from a team that hasn't deserved respect in over a decade this would be very funny.

#13 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,974 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

I don't think anyone down here is skeered of the EJ Manuel air attack.

It's time for Armanti to make his presence felt, he or Hixon one need to give us a real contribution this weekend.

#14 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,926 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

Two things imo... Wilfork and their "mystique" or whatever...

For the record, I loathe New England.  I hope that when we play them, Johnson and Hardy collide about 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage and reduce Tom Brady to various scattered body parts amongst the players feet.

Having said that, Vince Wilfork is a beast.  Hell of an athlete, but he's getting old...

We're a small market team that has never gotten much respect.  With our record the past few years, why would we?

#15 EMSMedic79

EMSMedic79

Member since 2005

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts
  • LocationOn the Water

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

Not much going on in Buffalo these days...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com