Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dee Milliner benched during TNF (Panthers related)

58 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Gilmore was in this draft class?

Gilmore was from Kuechly's class, not Star's. Sorry, I got confused and appreciate the error-checking. See how awful I am at anything draft related?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You forgot big boy Otah...he would be the worst :(

Edit: someone beat me to it...but I thought we used a 2nd on Everette (but gave up the following year's first) while Otah was actually picked in the 1st.

Otah was actually a great player, just couldn't stay healthy..

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You forgot big boy Otah...he would be the worst :(

Edit: someone beat me to it...but I thought we used a 2nd on Everette (but gave up the following year's first) while Otah was actually picked in the 1st.

We picked Brown in the 2nd but gave up 2010 first round pick to the 49ers.  Who used it in the first round of 2010 to pick Mike Lupati.  Fugging Hurney logic. 

Posted · Report post

Otah was actually a great player, just couldn't stay healthy..

I think I was more pissed the we took Stewart that year at 14 and traded back in to get Otah.  When we should have drafted a Tackle at 14 and gotten Ray rice in the 2nd. 

Posted · Report post

Otah was a beast when he was on the field, what Star is doing on defense as a DT to vets is what Otah was doing as a OL to vets. The health issues really ruined it for him.

Posted · Report post

If you really examine it the jets have been serious about rebuilding that front seven, they have took 3 defensive linemen in the first round the past 3 drafts and it looks like its paying off. If it didnt, they would be in a even bigger hole than they already are.

Posted · Report post

Yeah god can you imagine if we still had a good Otah before the injuries and before he stopped caring. He would probably be the best tackle in the league and our oline would be so much better

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

Sheldon Richardson is a good player, but he's not Star. 

I also like how humble Star is. My favorite thing about the big guy.

Posted · Report post

If you really examine it the jets have been serious about rebuilding that front seven, they have took 3 defensive linemen in the first round the past 3 drafts and it looks like its paying off. If it didnt, they would be in a even bigger hole than they already are.

So are The Lions. Fairley, Ansah and Suh could be a great D-Line in the near future. The Jets D-Line though is a very, very good one. Richardson, Wilkerson and Coples could be a threatening one if they ever put it together

Our front seven blows them away however thanks to Luke Kuechly, Thomas Davis and Jon Beason.

Posted · Report post

On that same note, Dre Kirkpatrick (from last year) hasn't sniffed a start for the Bengals yet either.

Never draft a Saban corner in the 1st round.. ever. It takes years to deprogram them. Kareem Jackson, in his 4th year with the Texans, seems to have FINALLY completed his deprogramming.

Most Bama defensive players in the Nick Saban era are pretty average when they reach the NFL. Dareus isn't a bad player, but he isn't top 3 worthy in retrospect.

Their offensive players are pretty good though, it's pretty confusing.

Posted · Report post

Hmmm, so the same rule for drafting USC offensive players then?

That explains why a portion of Buc fans are not enjoying the Barron pick. He had a decent rookie season but he did get burned... alot.

Posted · Report post

I remember driving from Nashville to Knoxville (then home the next day) listening to the draft and after it started falling like it did, I got that weird feeling in my gut thinking.."We might have a chance to get Star"...I didn't want to believe it.. I had heard all this Sheldon Richardson talk from everyone.. but then the Jets were on the board, I said well..here he is.. They are going to get Star.. I about ran off the road when they said Richardson! BAM!!! Best feeling I have had about a pick.. He is exactly what we needed.  I love that the Bills are laughing about Dwan as one of our starters thinking...the d line can't be that good.. they just need to look one over from Dwan to see what to worry about.. Good Post!  

1 person likes this

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments