Photo
- - - - -

Dee Milliner benched during TNF (Panthers related)

Best Answer OneBadCat, 13 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

Star was absolutely the best pick we could have made. Star helps us stop the run, collapse the pocket, and make our DB's look better. He simply has a bigger impact than any kind of CB could. Especially right out of the gate as a rookie.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

On that same note, Dre Kirkpatrick (from last year) hasn't sniffed a start for the Bengals yet either.

Never draft a Saban corner in the 1st round.. ever. It takes years to deprogram them. Kareem Jackson, in his 4th year with the Texans, seems to have FINALLY completed his deprogramming.

Most Bama defensive players in the Nick Saban era are pretty average when they reach the NFL. Dareus isn't a bad player, but he isn't top 3 worthy in retrospect.

Their offensive players are pretty good though, it's pretty confusing.

#47 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,561 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

Hmmm, so the same rule for drafting USC offensive players then?

That explains why a portion of Buc fans are not enjoying the Barron pick. He had a decent rookie season but he did get burned... alot.

#48 kmgreensman

kmgreensman

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

I remember driving from Nashville to Knoxville (then home the next day) listening to the draft and after it started falling like it did, I got that weird feeling in my gut thinking.."We might have a chance to get Star"...I didn't want to believe it.. I had heard all this Sheldon Richardson talk from everyone.. but then the Jets were on the board, I said well..here he is.. They are going to get Star.. I about ran off the road when they said Richardson! BAM!!! Best feeling I have had about a pick.. He is exactly what we needed.  I love that the Bills are laughing about Dwan as one of our starters thinking...the d line can't be that good.. they just need to look one over from Dwan to see what to worry about.. Good Post!  

#49 kmgreensman

kmgreensman

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

To be honest, the worst first rounder we have picked in the past 11 years was Chris Gamble, and Gamble had a great career here.

Julius Peppers

Jordan Gross

Chris Gamble

Thomas Davis

Deangelo WIlliams

Jon Beason

Jonathan Stewart

Cam Newton

Luke Kuechly

Star Lotulelei 

Please find me a better list.

When they drafted Thomas Davis I wasn't happy at the time, but got over it pretty quickly.  I loved the Jonathan Stewart pick at the time too.. If he can just stay on the field.. Don't forget we did draft Otah in the first round that year we picked Stewart.. Stewart 13th and Otah 19th..SO he is the worst..  

#50 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,124 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

You wanted MIlliner, Coples and Dareus??

BARF

#51 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,561 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

When they drafted Thomas Davis I wasn't happy at the time, but got over it pretty quickly. I loved the Jonathan Stewart pick at the time too.. If he can just stay on the field.. Don't forget we did draft Otah in the first round that year we picked Stewart.. Stewart 13th and Otah 19th..SO he is the worst..

Stewart was the best RB available in the draft (and is our best back). Having seen his talent, I don't regret the Panthers drafting him. Yeah, he missed 7 games last season and will miss 6 this season but if he comes back at a 100% then it'll be worth it.

#52 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 5,108 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

Most Bama defensive players in the Nick Saban era are pretty average when they reach the NFL. Dareus isn't a bad player, but he isn't top 3 worthy in retrospect.

Their offensive players are pretty good though, it's pretty confusing.

Seems kinda weird that the best NFL players Saban's Bama has produced is offensive linemen and a wide receiver.

Their defensive players and running backs (especially) seem to be greatly overrated.

#53 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

Monsta, I agree. I wanted us to trade down and take Marcel Dareus or Fairly. However, if the rumors are true, the Panthers wanted Mark Barron over Luke, until the Bucs jumped on him. Still, I can say that I wanted Luke, but only late (draft week).

The point of the matter is, Cam, Luke, Star---that is a hat trick.

Barron is going to be a d good SS and I hope we pick a guy with his talent in future drafts but Luke is lights out.

#54 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

I agree--if I had my choice, I would take Luke.  I hope we get a S or two in the draft.  I am not a big Godfrey fan.

#55 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

Seems kinda weird that the best NFL players Saban's Bama has produced is offensive linemen and a wide receiver.

Their defensive players and running backs (especially) seem to be greatly overrated.

It's all about the defensive system and style of coaching. It's great for college, but most of them are fuged when they get to the NFL.

#56 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

I vividly remember that I was at my condo on the lake at Lake Tahoe with my laptop on when we drafted Kuechly and I was on full on rage mode like why are we drafting a MLB when we have an all pro MLB. It was funny. Then we drafted Amini and I blew my top like argggggg let's get linemen from DeVry University class of February RAGE DERP. It was pretty bad. I hope when we draft next year I can learn to shut the fug up and trust that the staff knows what they are doing.....but I doubt it.

Honestly though this kinda stuff is what makes the draft so fun.. So many different opinions

#57 NavyPF4L

NavyPF4L

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

I wish we could use this same type of thinking on game days . Here's to a good showing today and hopefully shutting up some of the naysayers around here. Who am I kidding the huddle will always find something to complain about

#58 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,112 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

Why does everyone think gamble our alltime leading int leader is the worst first round pick in recent memory lol. i would say beason was a worse pick than gamble if push came to shove.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com