Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCP

So our starting O-line for Sunday (drum roll)

88 posts in this topic

First thing I do if I am Buffalo is move Mario to play every snap against Bell.

Shhhhhh! Maybe they won't think of that? LOL

it could be a lot worse..

Any of our starters gets injured, it will be :(

I'd kill to combine our front 7 with Seattle's secondary.

I'll send you a list of names and addresses.

Legal Notice: The author of this post disclaims all responsibility for any murder or killing actually perpetrated by the recipient.  Legal consequences and expenses resulting from any murders or killings committed by the recipient are the sole responsibility of said recipient.  The author further does not guarantee that the killing of any individuals so named in his list will have any actual effect on the roster structure of the Carolina Panthers, the Seattle Seahawks or any other team currently playing in the NFL.  Copyright © 2013.  All rights reserved.

2 people like this

Hopefully Scott surprises us. Silatolu SHOULD BE better and that will at least add some continuity to the left side. Kalil is still a top 5 center and Gross is what he is at this point. This line could be serviceable or it could be tragic.

Im not sure how Scott's pass blocking is but I did see him dominate in the run game in the preseason. He might end up being a solid pick up  for us. I would like to see Wharton at RT. Bell needs to be a backup. I wish we could do more power running like the 49ers. I see them go with 7 Olineman frequently on running plays.

This.  Amini has sucked royally in pass protection. 

Is he better than when he started last year? Most definitely.  Is he anywhere close to where he needs to be?  Nope.

Amini is not very good.He's the next worse O-lineman we have next to Bell

and it could be a whole lot better.

and by whole lot better i mean average.

It makes me sad that "a whole lot better" is average. :(

1 person likes this

Im not sure how Scott's pass blocking is but I did see him dominate in the run game in the preseason. He might end up being a solid pick up for us. I would like to see Wharton at RT. Bell needs to be a backup. I wish we could do more power running like the 49ers. I see them go with 7 Olineman frequently on running plays.

So take a natural LG, back up LT and throw him at RT and pray?

Seems like a solid plan.

Out of shape Wharton might be a more consistent player than an in shape Amini

I feel like DA in the Steelers game and Cam have had more time to throw as well as the run game has looked much stronger on the left side.  Amini is one of those guys I always see standing up as the running back gets slammed right beside him.  They need to move him to right gaurd and let Wharton play until he retires.

Amini made strides at the end of last season. He needs game reps to keep up his progression. Being slotted in between Gross and Kalil is encouraging.

The best thing that can be said about or right side of the o-line is that at least Cam can seem "them coming", but strangely enough it is the inside pressure that makes Cam the most uncomfortable compared to edge pressure.

Keep pounding the ball with DeAngelo throughout the game and some quick passing in the intermediate routes to Olsen, Hixon and Smitty should open op for some play-action passing to Ginn and Lafell.

I have no doubt that we will win this game as our defence will terrorize E.J. Manuel all day long. His footwork under pressure was horrible against Patriots quite suspect defence and Luke and T.D will both have a field day with Manuel starring down his initial WR and not going through his progressions.

1 person likes this

This thread has reminded me that I have been slacking...

signature_zpsfaaded5b.jpg

Better now :)

Is it just me, or does Chris Scott look like Anthony Anderson's character in Scary Movie 3&4?

1 person likes this

So take a natural LG, back up LT and throw him at RT and pray?

Seems like a solid plan.

Really not that much difference between LT and RT. LT are usually more quick in order to better protect the blind side of right handed QBs. Wharton isn't as quick as he was anymore, but he can still be affective on the right side. He'd at least be an upgrade to Bell.