Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worth remembering...

40 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't understand how we're supposedly going with "consistency" when we promoted Shula, then the offense is totally different. Boggles the mind. Sounds like another Rivera excuse.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't understand how we're supposedly going with "consistency" when we promoted Shula, then the offense is totally different. Boggles the mind. Sounds like another Rivera excuse.

"Continuity", not "consistency".

Posted

Offense isn't totally different though. We're using the same play book, just more conservatively.

Posted

Maybe they're telling Cam that he needs to be conservative and just not turn the ball over because the defense is beast mode and will win us more games than not so long as we don't give the other team extra possessions like we did last Sunday.

Posted

Maybe they're telling Cam that he needs to be conservative and just not turn the ball over because the defense is beast mode and will win us more games than not so long as we don't give the other team extra possessions like we did last Sunday.

That would worry me. Like everything in life it's all about balance.

Posted

I don't think it's that, honestly.

To be truthful, I just think it's the transition to a slightly different system under a new OC.  Takes everyone a little time, and heck when was the last time Newton's OC wasn't a revolving door?  He gets the same guy two years in a row and then 'poof', he's gone and we're starting fresh again.

It's reasonable to expect a little bit of transition.  But since he's generally been a fast learner as a pro, this week, who knows?

Posted

"Continuity", not "consistency".

Whatever it is, it didn't work.

Posted

Whatever it is, it didn't work.

1 game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Alright time to watch that second half. . sigh this is gonna be fuggin painful.

Posted

1 game.

Yep.

Posted

Wasn't a big reason Shula was hired was because he agreed to a one year deal of continuity with the offense?

Basically this.

No OC talent wanted to come in for one year under Rivera, because there is no confidence in his ability to win.  Candidates knew he was on a short lease so more than likely they would be shown the door along with him, once a new coach is hired in the offseason. 

Posted

Cam still needs to do a better job.  He isn't waiting for the play to develop and he needs to look off defenders and not stare down the receiver.  

So now he's getting rid of the ball too quickly? So with this oline we want him holding the ball longer?