Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keys to the game vs the Bills.

49 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, Barner has been killing it too.

He has the same amount of yards and carries as Armond Smith

Posted

He has the same amount of yards and carries as Armond Smith

One is injured, the other is a placeholder until Stewart comes back.

Posted

We need to stop running the ball on damn near every 2nd down. Tired of seeing dwill run into one of our guys abd then fall to the ground.......to setup a 3rd and long.

Posted

We need to stop running the ball on damn near every 2nd down. Tired of seeing dwill run into one of our guys abd then fall to the ground.......to setup a 3rd and long.

You can do that and still wind up with over 5 ypc?

Interesting.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not basing my opinion on 1 game.

Posted

I'm not basing my opinion on 1 game.

You sure? 1 game is all we've played.

Posted

I want to see some shots downfield..

2 people like this

Posted

Pilares was a RB?

The roster spot is essentially for a ST player....I assume he implies Pilares was a better gunner.

Posted

When deciding between Poole and Smith it came down to who was the better ST'er since they were both considered due to being RB's for depth behind an injured Stewart.

Posted

It's very likely that we will try to establish the power run game initially.  So, as long as the defense is effective, I would expect the game to be low scoring in the first half.  If we can get them to bring that 8th man up into the box, then Cam needs to trust his deep receivers and make those downfield connections.

What we could not (or would not) do vs. Seattle is take calculated risks.  RR, Shula, and Cam all seemed to opt for the safer play.  Cam didn't turn the ball over which was huge, but we also didn't make ANY big plays downfield.

Hopefully, Shula will listen to the criticism and take a shot or two early just to establish the threat.

As long as the defense plays up to their potential (and barring mental errors like turnovers and penalties) we should have a decent shot at this road win.

Posted

Did you not watch the last two years? How about when dwill was benched?

Posted

Did you not watch the last two years? How about when dwill was benched?

Lets stick to relevant times with the current OC, blocking schemes, O philosophy and Jim Skipper.

However, I do get a lot of enjoyment from people saying DLo sucked these past two years with nothing but stats to back it up; indicating they either don't watch the games and/or know what they're watching.

2 people like this