Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

I want to see some shots downfield..

#32 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,706 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Pilares was a RB?

The roster spot is essentially for a ST player....I assume he implies Pilares was a better gunner.

#33 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,630 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

When deciding between Poole and Smith it came down to who was the better ST'er since they were both considered due to being RB's for depth behind an injured Stewart.

#34 Achilles

Achilles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

It's very likely that we will try to establish the power run game initially.  So, as long as the defense is effective, I would expect the game to be low scoring in the first half.  If we can get them to bring that 8th man up into the box, then Cam needs to trust his deep receivers and make those downfield connections.

What we could not (or would not) do vs. Seattle is take calculated risks.  RR, Shula, and Cam all seemed to opt for the safer play.  Cam didn't turn the ball over which was huge, but we also didn't make ANY big plays downfield.

Hopefully, Shula will listen to the criticism and take a shot or two early just to establish the threat.

As long as the defense plays up to their potential (and barring mental errors like turnovers and penalties) we should have a decent shot at this road win.

#35 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • 2,519 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

Did you not watch the last two years? How about when dwill was benched?

#36 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,630 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

Did you not watch the last two years? How about when dwill was benched?

Lets stick to relevant times with the current OC, blocking schemes, O philosophy and Jim Skipper.

However, I do get a lot of enjoyment from people saying DLo sucked these past two years with nothing but stats to back it up; indicating they either don't watch the games and/or know what they're watching.

#37 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,706 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

Lets stick to relevant times with the current OC, blocking schemes, O philosophy and Jim Skipper.

However, I do get a lot of enjoyment from people saying DLo sucked these past two years with nothing but stats to back it up; indicating they either don't watch the games and/or know what they're watching.

Anyone impressed with the way Williams ran last year.....is ignoring 80% of his work. Which was kinda sad.

#38 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,630 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Anyone impressed with the way Williams ran last year.....is ignoring 80% of his work. Which was kinda sad.

Anyone unable to see the whole picture should stick to baseball.

#39 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • 2,519 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

Well you are right about skipper. I was very excited to see him come back. I don't think dwill sucks, but he has lost some of his explosiveness. That or he doesn't fit our scheme as well as others. Moving to the power run is probably great for him. Not so sure about for the offense as whole though.

#40 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,630 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Well you are right about skipper. I was very excited to see him come back. I don't think dwill sucks, but he has lost some of his explosiveness. That or he doesn't fit our scheme as well as others. Moving to the power run is probably great for him. Not so sure about for the offense as whole though.

He fits our scheme better now than he did with Chud and that's my entire point.

#41 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • 2,519 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

Well that's to be determined. Let's both agree we'll need to see a few more games before jump off the fence. Hell, I want nothing more for this offense to work. If not, it's time for a new coach and rebuild mode.

#42 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,630 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

I was a huge advocate of dumping all the zone read stuff because of how screwed with our OL and RB's. Cam was really the only individual to benefit from that system.

JStew was better at it than DLo because he had done it before. It never suited Williams.

#43 DeuceBoogie

DeuceBoogie

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

Hey guys, according to this video, the Bills are already 0-2
Sorry I don't know how to embed yet but look at the end of the video when it shows the final score.
I guess they can see into the future?
http://www.buffalobi...6d-a2d2b20d85cd

#44 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,651 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

When deciding between Poole and Smith it came down to who was the better ST'er since they were both considered due to being RB's for depth behind an injured Stewart.

Honestly I think it came down to speed. I heard Smith might be the fastest guy on the roster. You cant coach that. So they are trying to find a place to put him. Poole was a good backup and special team guy. In the end we opted for potential given Poole has a finite ceiling. Or at least that is what makes sense to me.

#45 PantherKyle

PantherKyle

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

4th and short, let Cam run it. It's almost unstoppable. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com