Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackson113

Carolina style bbq or buffalo wings?

121 posts in this topic

Never tried smoking wings. It seems like poultry absorbs too much smoke. Do you guys go lighter on the smoke than when you are making pork or beef?

The one and only time I had smoked wings they were slimy. 

The one and only time I had smoked wings they were slimy. 

Finish them on a hot grill. That crisps them up.

You mean the jerseys I bought and wore to games over the years? Who buys clothes as an investment. Why would I try and sell beer and mustard stained clothes for a profit?

Same thing as my foams, just something I wear, not investments except for one pair of Galaxy's that I still would have probably worn a few times if not for being slightly to small.

Finish them on a hot grill. That crisps them up.

Thats the bad part.  I was at Elwoods BBQ in Ballantyne.  You would think they could get it right.

Aww, the old guy thinks saying "yo" is what the young kids say, that's kinda sad.

Speaking of foams, I had to wake up at 6:30 am Saturday to cop these bad boys.

Hello irony.

Thats the bad part. I was at Elwoods BBQ in Ballantyne. You would think they could get it right.

They should know better than that. I will scratch that off my bbq places to try. Midwood smokehouse has good smoked wings. Or if you like Elwood's ask them to toss them on the grill or a quick dip in the fryers. Im sure they will oblige.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

They should know better than that. I will scratch that off my bbq places to try. Midwood smokehouse has good smoked wings. Or if you like Elwood's ask them to toss them on the grill or a quick dip in the fryers. Im sure they will oblige.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Yeah I would scratch them if I were you.  I have had more than one bad experience there.

Check out the glow! Oh yeah, I'm happy today! Woots!

Nike%20Air%20Foamposite%20Pro%20Yeezy_4.

As a fellow coin collector, those shoes made me immediately think of this horrific offering from the RCM last year:

20120521_2012_glow1_3.jpg

To each his own though, I guess.  I personally prefer the major 19th-20th century US types, older (pre-pliofilm) proof sets and cherrypicking in general.  Glad to know there's a fellow numismatist on the Huddle, even if it's a Saints fan.

As a fellow coin collector, those shoes made me immediately think of this horrific offering from the RCM last year:

20120521_2012_glow1_3.jpg

To each his own though, I guess. I personally prefer the major 19th-20th century US types, older (pre-pliofilm) proof sets and cherrypicking in general. Glad to know there's a fellow numismatist on the Huddle, even if it's a Saints fan.

Haha, I saw that and actually liked it, but I'm pretty much just collecting some of the more rare or sought after coins, my days of buying everything mint puts out and waiting to see what it does is over. I still have stacks of proof sets, Lincoln penny sets, etc. I actually got into coins when I first started having extra money and was stockpiling bullion. I made a killing buying gold and silver and a little platinum back in ''08 and '09. I have done really well with some of the new mint stuff like the a Ultra High double Eagle, I got my neighbors to help me buy up 9 of them when they came out and sent them to PCGS for grading and 7 of them got ms70.

My cross from bullion purchaser to numismatist was due to the place I was buying from locally had a big selection of coins and A very nice and honest owner. I was quickly hooked and started buying and building sets from Large Cents, Morgan dollars (including 93 S and 94), bust half dollars, bust dimes, etc,. I would say the best complete set I have is my silver commen set, all of it was broken out of PCGS, NGC, and ANACs holders with nothing lower than MS61. The last one i got was the missing Hawaiian in MS63 and still haven't broken it out. Here's that set.

10169322_275584009270417_576249810589368

Glad to see another numismatist under 70, it's funny going to coin shows and it looks like a nursing home!

Haha, I saw that and actually liked it, but I'm pretty much just collecting some of the more rare or sought after coins, my days of buying everything mint puts out and waiting to see what it does is over. I still have stacks of proof sets, Lincoln penny sets, etc. I actually got into coins when I first started having extra money and was stockpiling bullion. I made a killing buying gold and silver and a little platinum back in ''08 and '09. I have done really well with some of the new mint stuff like the a Ultra High double Eagle, I got my neighbors to help me buy up 9 of them when they came out and sent them to PCGS for grading and 7 of them got ms70.

My cross from bullion purchaser to numismatist was due to the place I was buying from locally had a big selection of coins and A very nice and honest owner. I was quickly hooked and started buying and building sets from Large Cents, Morgan dollars (including 93 S and 94), bust half dollars, bust dimes, etc,. I would say the best complete set I have is my silver commen set, all of it was broken out of PCGS, NGC, and ANACs holders with nothing lower than MS61. The last one i got was the missing Hawaiian in MS63 and still haven't broken it out. Here's that set.

10169322_275584009270417_576249810589368

Glad to see another numismatist under 70, it's funny going to coin shows and it looks like a nursing home!

Well well, I have one of those at least!! (a common Columbian Expo Half, XF+, worth a tad over melt). That collection is insane to put it mildly.  I'm not a Classic Commem guy, but I can appreciate the rarity of some of those and I personally love the Lafayette $, Isabella 25c, Pan-Pac (got any of the $50 gold, round or octagonal?) and the Oregon Trail.  Of course the Hawaiian is empty.  That one costs stupid money if memory serves.  

You're on a much higher level than I am it would seem.  I would kill for just one UHR in OGP, let alone multiple ms-70s.  Those are easily my favorite modern gold coins, and I love the high relief they managed.  It puts the 1921 Peace Dollar to shame IMO.  Did any of those UHRs come back PL per chance?  The only real windfall I've ever made was flipping two of the 2011 25th anniversary ASE sets.  Anyways ... congrats on that set.  I'm sure it took a lot of patience to get a matched set together of that caliber.