Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackson113

Carolina style bbq or buffalo wings?

Borat    729

Nothing cooks better than the BGE! My friends converted me last year from a gas grille.

I cranked out a pretty decent pork butt today.

Sticky Fingers is a nasty ass chain restaurant.

Considering it top BBQ is like saying Applebee's has the best steaks in town.

Then stick to your holes in the wall, I never asked your opinion, I was just giving mine which is what he OP asked.

Mother Grabber    7,602

Nothing cooks better than the BGE! My friends converted me last year from a gas grille.

loves me my Egg.  I've had a couple of different types of smokers over the years, but the BGE is the best.  Ceramic cooking with radiant heat is the bomb diggity.

CardiacCat    394

I've got a cheap smoker....  but I prefer my own smoke ribs over any that I have had elsewhere so far.  I had to experiment a little with the rub, but I have got it exactly where I want it now.  After smoking I glaze it with a little BBQ sauce and put it on the grill for just a few minutes...  does not get better than that 

(only problem with the cheapo smoker is that I do not get that baby warm enough in the winter.....)

5d98f1a4.jpg

6b8bc671.jpg

• Pie 3

Mother Grabber    7,602

I've got a cheap smoker....  but I prefer my own smoke ribs over any that I have had elsewhere so far.  I had to experiment a little with the rub, but I have got it exactly where I want it now.  After smoking I glaze it with a little BBQ sauce and put it on the grill for just a few minutes...  does not get better than that 

(only problem with the cheapo smoker is that I do not get that baby warm enough in the winter.....)

5d98f1a4.jpg

6b8bc671.jpg

nom nom nom!

jackson113    1,802

I got to amit something...sometimes I cheat and eat the Texas beaf brisket, that my ol' lady uncle makes...

CarolinaCoolin    2,526

Since Smithfield was sold to a Chinese company for $7.1B, can it really be called "Carolina" anymore?

Smithfields had the absolute best Carolina BBQ sandwiches ever

L-TownCat    11,865

Since this thread was bumped I must add that there is a tiny little restaurant in Saluda NC (15 min from Hendersonville) that has the absolute best BBQ I've ever had. It's called Green River BBQ. The meat is prepared on a custom smoker with hickory wood and slow cooked for over 24 hours. The pulled pork is insane. I recommend the "Hog Trough" it's a full loaf of fresh french bread, halved and completely stuffed with pulled pork. Served dry with a total compliment of 6 different sauces. All southern style home cooked fixins on the side. I have a tongue boner just thinking about it.

SmokinwithWilly    2,513

Sounds a little strange but I did applewood smoked king crab legs. 6 hours at 185 degrees. The shells crumbled like an eggshell. A little spicy garlic butter and a rack of 22 hour smoked ribs. That's Southern surf n turf.

• Pie 2

CarolinaNCSU    5,198

Sounds a little strange but I did applewood smoked king crab legs. 6 hours at 185 degrees. The shells crumbled like an eggshell. A little spicy garlic butter and a rack of 22 hour smoked ribs. That's Southern surf n turf.

Interesting...but how the hell did you not overcook the crab? Shells crumbling like eggshells, no way it wasn't overcooked, right? 

Panthro    9,932

ribs at 22 hours? good lawd.

SCP    30,419

22 hour ribs? Dang son. I did two racks last weekend for 5 hours and the bones slid right out. Used applewood and rubbed them with homemade Memphis Dust. Pan of apple juice for moisture.

• Pie 1