Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina style bbq or buffalo wings?

121 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm a straight up North Carolina  boy, but I hate fuging Carolina style BBQ. It's all fuging overcooked and dry. No poo the best BBQ that I have had in NC came from a Bojangles, fuging Bojangles. South Carolina BBQ is better and different, Steven Colbert knows what I'm talking about. Buffalo Wings are far more appealing to me.

Posted

Eastern NC BBQ with vinegar based sauce, Brunswick stew, fried okra, cornbread biscuits.

For me, it gets no better than that folks.

3 people like this

Posted

I've never had it in NC, only places in VA at restaurants that have "Carolina style" sauce. Maybe the kind actually in Carolina isn't disgusting, but I don't really get the appeal of dipping meat in vinegar.

I had NY style pizza in NC and it was horrible. Do you suppose if I tried it at a Good NY pizza place in NYC  it may be ok or is it all horible?

Posted

Does Maurice's count? I've only eaten there twice on road trips, but the BBQ was decent for a buffet and that hash stuff was surprisingly delicious. Surprising because it literally looks like poo n' rice.

Maurice's does not count as NC BBQ it is SC BBQ.

Posted

Eastern NC BBQ with vinegar based sauce, Brunswick stew, fried okra, cornbread biscuits.

For me, it gets no better than that folks.

That sentence just made me fire up the BGE.
2 people like this

Posted

That sentence just made me fire up the BGE.

Nothing cooks better than the BGE! My friends converted me last year from a gas grille.

Posted

Nothing cooks better than the BGE! My friends converted me last year from a gas grille.

I cranked out a pretty decent pork butt today.

Posted

Sticky Fingers is a nasty ass chain restaurant.

Considering it top BBQ is like saying Applebee's has the best steaks in town.

Then stick to your holes in the wall, I never asked your opinion, I was just giving mine which is what he OP asked.

Posted

loves me my Egg.  I've had a couple of different types of smokers over the years, but the BGE is the best.  Ceramic cooking with radiant heat is the bomb diggity.

Posted

I've got a cheap smoker....  but I prefer my own smoke ribs over any that I have had elsewhere so far.  I had to experiment a little with the rub, but I have got it exactly where I want it now.  After smoking I glaze it with a little BBQ sauce and put it on the grill for just a few minutes...  does not get better than that 

(only problem with the cheapo smoker is that I do not get that baby warm enough in the winter.....)

5d98f1a4.jpg

6b8bc671.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

I've got a cheap smoker....  but I prefer my own smoke ribs over any that I have had elsewhere so far.  I had to experiment a little with the rub, but I have got it exactly where I want it now.  After smoking I glaze it with a little BBQ sauce and put it on the grill for just a few minutes...  does not get better than that 

(only problem with the cheapo smoker is that I do not get that baby warm enough in the winter.....)

5d98f1a4.jpg

6b8bc671.jpg

nom nom nom!

Posted

I got to amit something...sometimes I cheat and eat the Texas beaf brisket, that my ol' lady uncle makes...