Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina style bbq or buffalo wings?

121 posts in this topic

Posted

I love smoked beef ribs with Carolina style sauce! Wings is just an appetizer.

This, this and this.

Posted

Since Smithfield was sold to a Chinese company for $7.1B, can it really be called "Carolina" anymore?

Smithfields had the absolute best Carolina BBQ sandwiches ever

Posted

Anybody going to the BBQ festival ....always wanted to go never had the time

Posted

Since this thread was bumped I must add that there is a tiny little restaurant in Saluda NC (15 min from Hendersonville) that has the absolute best BBQ I've ever had. It's called Green River BBQ. The meat is prepared on a custom smoker with hickory wood and slow cooked for over 24 hours. The pulled pork is insane. I recommend the "Hog Trough" it's a full loaf of fresh french bread, halved and completely stuffed with pulled pork. Served dry with a total compliment of 6 different sauces. All southern style home cooked fixins on the side. I have a tongue boner just thinking about it.

Posted

Sounds a little strange but I did applewood smoked king crab legs. 6 hours at 185 degrees. The shells crumbled like an eggshell. A little spicy garlic butter and a rack of 22 hour smoked ribs. That's Southern surf n turf.

2 people like this

Posted

Sounds a little strange but I did applewood smoked king crab legs. 6 hours at 185 degrees. The shells crumbled like an eggshell. A little spicy garlic butter and a rack of 22 hour smoked ribs. That's Southern surf n turf.

Interesting...but how the hell did you not overcook the crab? Shells crumbling like eggshells, no way it wasn't overcooked, right? 

Posted

ribs at 22 hours? good lawd.

Posted

Smokey's on 54 by the RDU airport.

Hands down best eastern Nc style BBQ.

Posted

22 hour ribs? Dang son. I did two racks last weekend for 5 hours and the bones slid right out. Used applewood and rubbed them with homemade Memphis Dust. Pan of apple juice for moisture.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nothing cooks better than the BGE! My friends converted me last year from a gas grille.

I'll put my Wilmington Grill up against anything. http://www.wilmingtongrill.com

I use a smoker for smoking, but for grilling the Wilmington Grill is the best poo I've ever owned.

2 people like this

Posted

I'll put my Wilmington Grill up against anything. http://www.wilmingtongrill.com

I use a smoker for smoking, but for grilling the Wilmington Grill is the best poo I've ever owned.

gas grille?

Talk_to_the_hand.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

gas grille?

Talk_to_the_hand.jpg

Yes sir. I don't mess with charcoal anymore. Last night while drunk I grilled fish, chicken, steak, burgers, chicken/steak kabobs, asparagus, corn, and zucchini on the same surface to perfection.