Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,260 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

league rules

I should really catch up on the rules then.

#17 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,708 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

Okay, I'm sure by now we've all seen the Panthers' Impact jerseys on the several sites by now.

Nike-Carolina-Panthers--1-Cam-Newton-Bla

Nike%20Carolina%20Panthers%201%20Newton%

Anyone think this is a foreshadowing? We're long overdue for a modification after all. It's only a matter of time, and considering we're toying with the all-black look... is this a very possible outcome?

Reebok and the NHL came out with what they call "black ice" jerseys last year or the year before. Teams don't actually wear them on the ice, just for the fans to wear. Some are pretty nice, my buddy has a Winnipeg Jets one that looks real good. I'm sure this is where this china site (i assume) got the idea from.

#18 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,260 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Reebok and the NHL came out with what they call "black ice" jerseys last year or the year before. Teams don't actually wear them on the ice, just for the fans to wear. Some are pretty nice, my buddy has a Winnipeg Jets one that looks real good. I'm sure this is where this china site (i assume) got the idea from.

Likely.

I assume however that we will eventually convert to all-black. The helmets I'm not too positive on since the south is humid as fug but if the Ravens can wear them then perhaps we can too.

#19 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,279 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

I should really catch up on the rules then.

The blue is a alternate jersey and is only allowed to be worn three times like all alternate jerseys. Our white/black jerseys are pretty much listed as our home/away unis even though we really don't have a preference and each of those are allowed to be worn eight times each.

#20 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

The blue is a alternate jersey and is only allowed to be worn three times like all alternate jerseys. Our white/black jerseys are pretty much listed as our home/away unis even though we really don't have a preference and each of those are allowed to be worn eight times each.

Pretty sure the alts are only allowed twice a season, and the home team has the choice of light or dark.

Carolina wears the white more often than the black usually.

#21 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

Terrible

#22 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,085 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

LOVE it! Was just looking at it earlier today at Academy.

#23 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

Okay, I'm sure by now we've all seen the Panthers' Impact jerseys on the several sites by now.

Nike-Carolina-Panthers--1-Cam-Newton-Bla

Nike%20Carolina%20Panthers%201%20Newton%

Anyone think this is a foreshadowing? We're long overdue for a modification after all. It's only a matter of time, and considering we're toying with the all-black look... is this a very possible outcome?

Hi.

Gross.

#24 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

Even The Vikings updated their originals. Nothing wrong with some swagger.

they've changed several times in recent years. Each time it's gotten worse. Their classic uniform was really cool.

It's horrible for the brand. Panthers aren't going to tweak anything. I talked to Danny Morrison about it last year. They like that it's always remained basically the same classic uniform and said he viewed it as a "modern classic" as did the owner and entire front office.

#25 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

I don't know the rules in NFL, but I know in NCAA there has to be enough contrast between number and jersey

If I am not mistaken, the Raiders had to switch from Silver numerals to black ones on their road white jerseys for this reason.

#26 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

Some of you on here aren't going to be happy until we are dressed in 100% black.  However, if we do that, then how is Luke going to know which of his teammates is his father?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.