Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If we go 7-9 or 6-10 how would you feel about keeping Rivera if..

77 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Sean McDermott, you're hired.

Rivera must go.

This is not McDermont's defense, it's Rivera's.  Herein lies one of the problems.

Posted · Report post

This is not McDermont's defense, it's Rivera's. Herein lies one of the problems.

Yep. One of those situations where you don't know who the real mastermind is. Same question applies to Greg Roman, honestly.

My personal opinion: I don't think McDermott's ready to be in charge of an entire program.
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

This is not McDermont's defense, it's Rivera's.  Herein lies one of the problems.

McDermott spent a lot of years under the great Jim Johnson, he'll do.

Posted · Report post

if tha happens RR is Fired.

Posted · Report post

YES YES YES...2011 ranked 5th offense I think and today's D, hecks yeah...keep him fire Shula and bring in new OC with good draft and we are seriously going to a Super Bowl...Players love this coach and when the team has chemistry like that, wins will come...remember Rivera came in to an atrocious 2-14 team and terrible cap space was there and still there, yet he made improvement...of course I have scratched my head with some of his bone headed calls or gutless plays but that comes with growing pains plus I can't blame him for trusting his defense to stop a score after not going for it on fourth down, etc...what I don't like is his man crush on Fua but I would like him here for another year if he improves this team going forward again...it has to turn ugly for me to say no

Posted · Report post

You must dont know about his work in Philly, he is far from Jim Johnson...it's Riveras defense
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hell NO to McD!

Posted · Report post

Yep. One of those situations where you don't know who the real mastermind is. Same question applies to Greg Roman, honestly.

My personal opinion: I don't think McDermott's ready to be in charge of an entire program.

Agreed.  Buddy Ryan wasn't ready either.

I won't disagree about Johnson but the examples of how coaching trees have many dead branches go on forever.  I like Mac but I am convinced that at minimum, this defense is heavily influenced by Chico. 

And before anyone says anything, I don't give a damn if you like the nickname Chico or not.  Ron has gone on record as liking it.

Posted · Report post

You must dont know about his work in Philly, he is far from Jim Johnson...it's Riveras defense

Reid fired him as a scapegoat to save his own ass.  That Philly D got bit hard by the injury bug that year.  Now, I'm not saying the McD is JJ by any means, but he didn't get a fair shot in Philly and Reid didn't really want to fire him.

Posted · Report post

Reid fired him as a scapegoat to save his own ass. That Philly D got bit hard by the injury bug that year. Now, I'm not saying the McD is JJ by any means, but he didn't get a fair shot in Philly and Reid didn't really want to fire him.

And replaced him with an O-Line coach :wacko:

I like to think that if he had it to do over, Reid might rethink that plan :lol:

Posted · Report post

For many of you, McDermott is in a no win situation.

If the D plays well, you give the credit to Rivera. If the D sucks, it's McDermott holding us back.

All I know is the D players seem to respect him. Between McDermott, Wilkes and Washington we have a damn good defensive staff, and I don't think we should attribute it's success to Rivera and totally negate the efforts of our other defensive coaches.

Posted · Report post

Negative. Three years is enough time to get to 9-7.