Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CharlottePanther

If we go 7-9 or 6-10 how would you feel about keeping Rivera if..

77 posts in this topic

I wouldn't want to keep Rivera if we went 10-6, much less 6-10.  He's had over 2 years and has shown us what were getting.  The guy isn't cut out to be an NFL coach.  He's flustered under pressure, he's clueless in decision making.  Even if we win in spite of him, and it's very possible with the talent we have, he shouldn't be here next year.   

1 person likes this

About like I feel right now trying to push this sideways turd out before bed.

Top 3 defense, and 6 wins. That means the offense and special teams would have to be historically bad. Clean house and keep McD. Bye Ron.

2 people like this

Sean McDermott, you're hired.

Rivera must go.

This is not McDermont's defense, it's Rivera's.  Herein lies one of the problems.

This is not McDermont's defense, it's Rivera's. Herein lies one of the problems.

Yep. One of those situations where you don't know who the real mastermind is. Same question applies to Greg Roman, honestly.

My personal opinion: I don't think McDermott's ready to be in charge of an entire program.

4 people like this

This is not McDermont's defense, it's Rivera's.  Herein lies one of the problems.

McDermott spent a lot of years under the great Jim Johnson, he'll do.

YES YES YES...2011 ranked 5th offense I think and today's D, hecks yeah...keep him fire Shula and bring in new OC with good draft and we are seriously going to a Super Bowl...Players love this coach and when the team has chemistry like that, wins will come...remember Rivera came in to an atrocious 2-14 team and terrible cap space was there and still there, yet he made improvement...of course I have scratched my head with some of his bone headed calls or gutless plays but that comes with growing pains plus I can't blame him for trusting his defense to stop a score after not going for it on fourth down, etc...what I don't like is his man crush on Fua but I would like him here for another year if he improves this team going forward again...it has to turn ugly for me to say no

McDermott spent a lot of years under the great Jim Johnson, he'll do.

You must dont know about his work in Philly, he is far from Jim Johnson...it's Riveras defense

1 person likes this