Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If we go 7-9 or 6-10 how would you feel about keeping Rivera if..

77 posts in this topic

Posted

Rivera is gone if we don't make the playoffs.

Posted

I would like to point out that I wanted Harbaugh here...(not saying he would have done the same thing)

I was all for RR staying after this season, even with a losing season. I just think the Panthers need time to adopt the new coaches philosophy. But I don't think that is happening, or maybe they are...

If we do change coaches, do the Panther's finally bring in an offensive minded head coach?

Posted

Rivera can go 10-6 or kick rocks well now it's more like 10-5.

Posted

Lovie Smith I would be fine with...

Posted

forest-fire-sofia-mount-vitosha-under-co

Well said

Posted

If we don't make the playoffs and Rivera stays, I'll suddenly have more free time on Sundays.

1 person likes this

Posted

Didn't read past your topic line, the answer is no.  I want nothing to do with this coach if we finish 6-10 or 7-9 regardless of circumstances, and frankly, no one should.

Posted

Ok you guys have convinced me.

Posted

It depends on who is available. I personally wouldn't mind giving Larry Fedora a look, barring how Philedelphias offense holds up. Fedora runs something similar that would be a benefit and he could lead any team out of mediocrity it seems.

I'm not familiar with any NFL assistants or head coaches. I'm sure Getts recruiting background will carry over to coaches.

Larry Fedora? Seriously...?

Posted

No. I didn't bother reading ANY of the first post and I won't. I'm sick and tired of losing and it should have ended last year.

Posted

Here is a better question.  For me personally, 10-6 is a benchmark.  For others it is playoffs.  If the team is 10-6 and loses a tiebreaker is that good enough?

For me it is to be honest, and I was against keeping him last season.  Outside of h2h we cannot control what other teams do.  If we are 10-6 and lose a tiebreak to the Bears, or some other team who we do not face, then I have no problem keeping him because it is obvious that things are going in the right direction.  10-6 against our schedule is not going to be easy.

Of course, it would also depend on how we got to 10-6.  If we go 2-6 in games seven points or less and lose our final three then of course, send him packing; but, depending on how we get there I could see keeping.

Posted

Rivera appears to be the worst NFL HC the League has seen since, well, see the Raiders list…my greatest worry is that Rivera is going to ruin Cam's rise to greatness, and with that said, he HAS TO GO if they don't win 10 games this year.