61 replies to this topic

#1 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

The Buffalo Bills.  Named after Buffalo Bill.  Their mascot is a Buffalo, however, and not a Bill.  I bet the fans were pissed when they announced that crap.  Imagine if the Colts left Baltimore and became the Indiana Joneses.  Then, when they played, the announcers could say, "Everyone is trying to keep up with the Joneses."  But they didn't, so they don't. But Buffalo did.  A stupid name. Tennessee could have made their name the  "Tennessee Williams."  However, since Williams is the formal name for Bills, they probably went with Titans.  It would be stupid to have the Williams and the Bills playing for the AFC title.  I mean, they put an animal on the side of their helmet because the name of their city shares that name.  Probably had the great grandson of the same visionary who named Buffalo, NY.  name the team:  "What will we call this city, near Niagra Falls and Canada?"  I will call it Buffalo, because I seen a buffalo here once."  Hey, Mr. Visionary, did it ever occur to you that you might have a pro football team one day and if you name the city after an animal then you have nothing intelligent to call the team's mascot?   However, Phoenix could have done the same thing when the Cardinals were called the Pheonix Cardinals, but then they would have a mythical bird and a very common bird as mascots.  If you used Google Thesaurus, however, you would realize that they would actually be the Firebird Redbirds.  That is probably why they switched to Arizona.  Of course, (back to the Bills) if you wanted to call them the Buffaloes, would the Buffalo Buffaloes be any dumber than the Buffalo Bills?  I don't think so.  That, my friends, is how you lose 4 consecutive Super Bowls.

#2 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

A+ , will read again

#3 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,728 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

The Buffalo Wings!

#4 pland67

pland67

Cam-nation

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

Last weekend at NC Music Factory I got talking to a Bills fan from Buffalo that starting talking junk to me about the Panthers. He said that he doesn't understand why we like our team and that no one in the nation knows who Cam Newton is except for ppl in NC. I had a few drinks and was not shy in telling him that no one on his entire team is known to anyone outside Buffalo. Also added that the Bills have sucked forever but he still stays loyal so why shouldn't we to our team? He finally had to admit that they suck and would not give any comment on our up and coming game against them. Get so sick of ppl moving here only to down what is now their new home team.

#5 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

The Buffalo Wings!

That would be awesome

#6 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,728 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

That would be awesome

Or, if they wanted to go all out (minus the lawsuit), they could call themselves the Buffalo Wild Wings. Eh? LOL.

#7 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

The Buffalo Chips.
This would make them the first team named after poo. Unless you count Cleveland.

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

The Buffalo Ruffalos!

220px-MarkRuffalo07TIFF.jpg

#9 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,518 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

I think every team other than the panthers should be called the A-holes, that includes Canada too.

#10 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • 2,438 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

The Buffalo Ruffalos!

220px-MarkRuffalo07TIFF.jpg

The buffalo marks

#11 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

bills stands for Boy. I. Love. Losing. Superbowls

#12 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

Last weekend at NC Music Factory I got talking to a Bills fan from Buffalo that starting talking junk to me about the Panthers. He said that he doesn't understand why we like our team and that no one in the nation knows who Cam Newton is except for ppl in NC. I had a few drinks and was not shy in telling him that no one on his entire team is known to anyone outside Buffalo. Also added that the Bills have sucked forever but he still stays loyal so why shouldn't we to our team? He finally had to admit that they suck and would not give any comment on our up and coming game against them. Get so sick of ppl moving here only to down what is now their new home team.

You should have told him to eat a bag of dicks and move back to his shitthole town if he loves the bills so much.

#13 Former Bill On Vacation

Former Bill On Vacation

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

All southerners by nature are incoherent - it started not too far from where I'm sitting right now in a place called Charleston when some fools ..........  well you know the rest of the story. :abe:

#14 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

All southerners by nature are incoherent - it started not too far from where I'm sitting right now in a place called Charleston when some fools ..........  well you know the rest of the story. :abe:

So... another Bills fan who can't stand to live up north?

#15 Judo Thoreau

Judo Thoreau

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

Agree 100% about the name. As far as I know, Buffalo Bill had nothing to do with the city. It's like the Panthers rebranding themselves as the Charlotte Brontes. Sure it's historical, but who cares? Honestly, the team should've been relieved when The Silence of the Lambs was made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.