Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incoherent ramblings about a stupid team name....Bills

62 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It's cool. When the Bills move to Toronto in a couple of years, they will probably change the name.

Yeah, the Toronto Buffalo Bills.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, the Toronto Buffalo Bills.

More like:

Toronto it-doesn't-matter-what-our-team-name-is-it's-still-better-than-Bills.

I'm sure they'll find a way to shorten it, though.

Posted · Report post

It's weird, but different. Animal team names are so boring. 

Posted · Report post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Bills

The Bills were named as the result of the winning entry in a local contest by Michael Doucas (son of legendary NFL star Sam Davies), which named the team after the AAFC Buffalo Bills,[5] a previous football franchise from the All-America Football Conference that merged with the Cleveland Browns in 1950. That team was named after a male bison or "Billy". The name was chosen from a contest that was won by Bill Keenan. The similarity to famous Wild West showman Buffalo Bill Cody, while used as a play on words in the previous Bills team's iconography, is not (nor has it ever been) used by the current team. The Bills' cheerleaders are known as the Buffalo Jills. The official mascot is Billy Buffalo.

You need to know the history of the team to follow the connections. But they are named after a male bison not a person.

FYI Buffalo was the far west a long time ago. There were bison there then.

Posted · Report post

Should have names the team the Buffaloes

Posted · Report post

There are a ton of people here from Buffalo because those worthless turds drove their local economy to hell.  Now they are moving in here like locusts to tell us how to build an economy, run a successful NFL franchise, and just to criticize the South in general, as their free-loading, jobless asses bask in the glow of open businesses and people who take care of themselves.  So, before you mindless know-it-alls generously share your cunning and wit with us, please provide a disclaimer that explains what the hell you actually have accomplished in life.   Buffaloes were nearly wiped out and made extinct by the beginning of the 20th century.  You didn't have to take the name of your town so seriously.  Jobless, whining bastards. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I saw a buffal fan wreck his car today. Ran over a curb and into a gaurd rail. Nobody caused ut. His car was decked out in bills stickers, flags and other stuff. He was wearing a bills jersey. What an idiot

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

I saw a buffal fan wreck his car today. Ran over a curb and into a gaurd rail. Nobody caused ut. His car was decked out in bills stickers, flags and other stuff. He was wearing a bills jersey. What an idiot

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Its a sign......

Posted · Report post

There are a ton of people here from Buffalo because those worthless turds drove their local economy to hell.  Now they are moving in here like locusts to tell us how to build an economy, run a successful NFL franchise, and just to criticize the South in general, as their free-loading, jobless asses bask in the glow of open businesses and people who take care of themselves.  So, before you mindless know-it-alls generously share your cunning and wit with us, please provide a disclaimer that explains what the hell you actually have accomplished in life.   Buffaloes were nearly wiped out and made extinct by the beginning of the 20th century.  You didn't have to take the name of your town so seriously.  Jobless, whining bastards. 

you are a full-blown retard

Posted · Report post

you are a full-blown retard

Yes.  And you are an unblown retard.  Much worse.

Posted · Report post

fantastic I'm glad we have that settled. Great thread you have here...

Posted · Report post

When you reduce a thread to name calling because an anonymous person on a blog has offended your dignity, then there is a chance the thread deteriorates.  Threads are only as good as the posters, and your contribution has certainly given this a "retarded" flavor.  Let me guess:  you are from Buffalo.