Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MHS831

Incoherent ramblings about a stupid team name....Bills

62 posts in this topic

Making some badass wings tomorrow. Marinading right now.

I hate to say it, but the 'Carolina Panthers' is a pretty weak name.

I mean, it's so generic and has absolutely no connection to the city or the Carolina's.

I've always thought the name 'Panthers' was a bit of a copout.

you have an avatar for a hockey team.....in charlotte.... called the checkers.....with a flag that has a chess board on it....being held by a polar bear.

i'm just sayin.....

Making some badass wings tomorrow. Marinading right now.

might taste better if you marinate them instead.

it's so generic and has absolutely no connection to the city or the Carolina's.

Um, black cougars have been rumored to exist in the western part of North Carolina for hundreds of years. Couple that with the American southeast Native American tribes believing that the panther was a sign of death, you have a combination of sources linking the panther to the Carolinas.

The panther (which would just be a black cougar) is a folk legend in these parts, and deserves to be acknowledged.

1 person likes this

Um, black cougars have been rumored to exist in the western part of North Carolina for hundreds of years. Couple that with the American southeast Native American tribes believing that the panther was a sign of death, you have a combination of sources linking the panther to the Carolinas.

The panther (which would just be a black cougar) is a folk legend in these parts, and deserves to be acknowledged.

cougars did exist in the western part of the state while black cougars lived (and possibly still do) in the eastern swamps.

I always thought the Bills name was an homage to the trucker hats worn by buffalo men to cover their bald spots.

Then why not the Carolina Cougars?