Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WR Crop Looking Pretty Strong for 2014

222 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Sometimes a good defense is a good offense.

Let's face it. Our front seven is legit, but we need the offense to score lots of points to win with our secondary.

Posted · Report post

At the rate we're at, I'm thinking yet again our pick will be around the 8-12 area. I'd like to think at least 1 of Lee, Watkins, Evans would be there for us. If not, I'm looking at Matthews, Coleman, Robinson, Moncrief who all would start over LaFell their first game. We need to position ourselves for at the very least a WR2 upgrade. Maybe go after a shifty slot guy as well.

If the top-3 are gone, I'd consider Seferian-Jenkins at TE. Amazing athleticism and a Graham-esque ceiling

Hell, we could end up drafting Watkins or Lee AND Seferian-Jenkins. Austin likely won't be a first round pick because of his legal issues. So I see him falling to the second or even third round.

He's clearly the most explosive and talented TE in the NCAA and I would love to have him.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Brandon Coleman, 6'5" 220 lbs of Rutgers is LEGIT! Want in the 2nd round!!!

http://youtu.be/Mc8QWAVE0Nc

http://youtu.be/VLKS1dMAQMQ

Paul Richardson of Colorado and Allen Robinson PSU are also intriguing.

Posted · Report post

No defensive player until the 5th round.

You must feel really good about our "CORNERBACK" position then?

Posted · Report post

I wish there was some way to get Watkins and Brett Hundley :( 

Posted · Report post

I wish there was some way to get Watkins and Brett Hundley :(

Sure.
Solution: Trade Cam.

Not much a fan of Hundley or Boyd. 2014 class will be led by Bridgewater and Manziel.

Posted · Report post

Sure.
Solution: Trade Cam.

Not much a fan of Hundley or Boyd. 2014 class will be led by Bridgewater and Manziel.

Manziel?? Dude you must be high. Manziel is probably the sixth best QB in this class. 

My list would be

Bridgewater

Mariota

Boyd

Hundley

Hogan

Manziel/Morris

Posted · Report post

Manziel?? Dude you must be high. Manziel is probably the sixth best QB in this class.

My list would be

Bridgewater
Mariota
Boyd
Hundley
Hogan
Manziel/Morris

Just watch. Other than being a cocky knuckle head, Manziel's talents and upside is above the rest. Manziel will be a 1st rounder next year possibly a Brown. Manziel is the 2nd best QB in that class. If you can't see that, you must be the one high.

Posted · Report post

Just watch. Other than being a cocky knuckle head, Manziel's talents and upside is above the rest. Manziel will be a 1st rounder next year possibly a Brown. Manziel is the 2nd best QB in that class. If you can't see that, you must be the one high.

I'd easily take Hundley over him

Posted · Report post

I'd easily take Hundley over him

I would easily take Mariota and Boyd over him too. Manziel doesn't have the arm strength to make all the throws on the football field, is 6'1 if he's lucky, and acts like an entitled brat off the field.  He makes flashy plays, but Mariota is a much better passer, and equally good if not a better athlete.  Boyd while not the prototype size QB, shows ability to alter his release point to adjust to receivers and position of defense. Also he's still a solid athlete, and much better thrower of the football.  Hundley's all about upside, but physical tools are much better than Manziel's in terms of NFL traits....

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Manziel should not, and almost certainly will not be drafted before Marcus Mariota if both come out....

Posted · Report post

Manziel should not, and almost certainly will not be drafted before Marcus Mariota if both come out....

I like Mariota but I still have to give the edge to Manziel. Sure, Manziel is short. Sure he's a brat, but he makes some of the best throws at times. I have not seen much of Mariota too so it's hard for me to make a judgment of the kid. It's hard for me to read into his stats alone since Oregon is such a high powerful offense. I don't believe he's what some people think he is though: Kaepernick.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments