WR Crop Looking Pretty Strong for 2014

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_KingKam_*

Guest_KingKam_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

what the fug?

people are talking about drafting mariota to replace cam?

LOL

if i had a list, mariota wouldn't break the top 5.

In fact, he is not. According the reputable mocks he is not even mentioned. I'm really hearing Teddy, hundley, and boyd. And of course other than Teddy the rest will flip-flop during the combine for whatever reason.

#62 Guest_KingKam_*

Guest_KingKam_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

I wish there was some way to get Watkins and Brett Hundley :(

I watch some UCLA games but I don't think he that strong of an arm. But he does go through his progression quite well. What do you see from Hundley? Just wanna know your opinion.

#63 Double Trouble

Double Trouble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

I watch some UCLA games but I don't think he that strong of an arm. But he does go through his progression quite well. What do you see from Hundley? Just wanna know your opinion.

hmm to me it seems like he has a really good arm, i go to all the games at the rose bowl. last night he made a couple bad decisions. I think he has a good arm and great accuracy he has made 2 perfect back shoulder throws for TD's and he is really good at sitting a WR down in a tight spot. He makes good reads and stays in the pocket as long as he can, but he can also run..he's fast. He's only a red shirt sophomore so I think he stays one more year though, Walterfootball had him the #1 pick for 2015. 

#64 Guest_KingKam_*

Guest_KingKam_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

hmm to me it seems like he has a really good arm, i go to all the games at the rose bowl. last night he made a couple bad decisions. I think he has a good arm and great accuracy he has made 2 perfect back shoulder throws for TD's and he is really good at sitting a WR down in a tight spot. He makes good reads and stays in the pocket as long as he can, but he can also run..he's fast. He's only a red shirt sophomore so I think he stays one more year though, Walterfootball had him the #1 pick for 2015. 

Thanks. Based on this he sounds legit. So many potential franchise QBs are popping up yearly. Looks like the Clausens are things of the pass.

#65 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

I have my eye on Devin Street from Pitt. That guy is REALLY good, has height, and could be available in the 3rd round.

#66 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

Evans is a beast. Would love to land him somehow.

#67 Deacfan

Deacfan

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Michael Campanaro is Amendola part 2. He would immediately be Cam's favorite target!

#68 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

Mike Evans please!!!

#69 Deacfan

Deacfan

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Your next Slot WR!!

#70 blak-n-blu

blak-n-blu

THE FRANCHISE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

i like Moncrief.. 

#71 Bishop

Bishop

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

We should move Steve Smith to the slot next year if we get some quality talent at the WR position . Why cant he do what Wes and Amendola are doing?

#72 monkey48

monkey48

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

The key with receivers is release, catching and route running. Most big-time college receiver get let-down by the first as they aren't used to playing against good press coverage in the NFL. Receivers who might not go high in the draft but who have proved themselves against he press in college are usually the biggest steals, e.g. Steve Smith and Keenan Allen. 

Watkins is a very good receiver but has yet to show he can get release from press coverage. Until he can show that then he is always going to be a but of a risk, much like Tavon Austin last year.

Marquise Lee has faced good press coverage in college, but he has really struggled against it. When he went man-to-man against Ipre-Olumu vs Oregon last year he looked nothing like an NFL 1st rounder. A big play receiver who will not develop into an every-down guy, similar to Ted Ginn in many ways.

Mike Evans is the best receiver in the class. At 6'5 225lbs he is a match-up nightmare. He has good hands and gets very good release, just watch the 'Bama game for evidence. Although he might not have the speed of Watkins or Lee he is a far more pro-ready WR, with just as much upside.

Summary: PLEASE GET EVANS!

#73 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

i would be happy with evans or watkins

#74 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

I'm not sure what game you were watching, but Ifo pressed Lee four total times last year. One of them was blatant holding in the end zone that wasn't called. Two others Lee beat the press pretty well, got open enough to make the catch but didn't finish the play. The other Ifo held and was called. Those are the only plays Lee was pressed by Ifo. Other Oregon DBs pressed him in that game too, and he had a decent amount of success against those too. Lee still needs to get better against the press to be elite like most guys, and at times he can struggle against more physical corners, but to make a general statement that he struggles against press like it's a way to negate his impact just isn't accurate....

#75 MtnJax

MtnJax

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

there are some WR studs playing in the Clemson/FSU game

Kelvin Benjamin will get a lot more talk after this game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com