479 replies to this topic

#256 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

1) no, if you can read i said, 4th quarter COMEBACKS. not leads that the defense held on to. 

2) yes people from the south are dumb. theres a reason stereotypes stick. not saying there arent smart people from the south, but in general, it's actually pretty embarrassing.

I've lived in 5 states to date. I can't speak for the others, but you'd probably qualify for TBI/developmental disability services here in NM.

#257 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

I'd be lying if I said we shouldn't be concerned about Cam. I'm not seeing improvement like a 3rd year QB should have. Offensive line or not. Stafford, Rodgers, and Luck have garbage O-lines too. They make do.

#258 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,901 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

hey guys people from the south are stupid hur dur

please don't go back a few pages where i read "luke" as "luck" and then trolled and shitposted to try to get people to not notice it

#259 MuMouey

MuMouey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

So let me get this straight, the argument you all are making is that if Cam had a:

1) great coach

2) great OLine

3) great defense

4) great playcalling

....then he would be as good as Luck? lmao. man, way to put 0.0% of responsibility on the guy that touches the ball 75 times per game

#260 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,901 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

So let me get this straight, the argument you all are making is that if Cam had a:

1) great coach

2) great OLine

3) great defense

4) great playcalling

....then he would be as good as Luck? lmao. man, way to put 0.0% of responsibility on the guy that touches the ball 75 times per game

hey you spelled luck wrong dummy

i believe the word you were looking for is "luke"

#261 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,939 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

seriously though Cam has had like 10 wins blown by our defense in last minute drive situations. We never hold on

#262 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

1) great coach

2) great OLine

3) great defense

4) great playcalling

No. The argument is that by comparing their individual performances, Newton has played better than Luck. Pretty much across the board.

Of course, once you've backpedaled you way into using wins as a stat (the The Golden Calf of Bristol effect) you have pretty much thrown in the towel and announced yourself as football dumb.

It sucks that Keuchly is like the 25th best MLB in football :`( Why can't he win games??!

#263 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,494 posts

1) no, if you can read i said, 4th quarter COMEBACKS. not leads that the defense held on to.

2) yes people from the south are dumb. theres a reason stereotypes stick. not saying there arent smart people from the south, but in general, it's actually pretty embarrassing.

Cam has led the Panthers in 7 fourth quarter comebacks leads and one tie. The defense has failed to hold 6 times. Also our kicker missed a game tying field goal.

Out of Luck's 8 fourth quarter comebacks 6 were scores with 3:00+ minutes to go in the game that the defense has held. Another on of his wins the defense held a three point lead going into the fourth by giving up zero points in the fourth quarter.

I can't remember the last time we held a one score lead with 3:00+ to to in a game. Cam's record and fourth quarter comebacks would look a lot different if he had that timely support like Luck did.

But don't let that get in your way.

#264 TonyN

TonyN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

I am not sure Newton is ever going to develop into a high percentage passer. I realize he throws deep a lot, but he was 26th in the NFL last year in completion percentage. Looks like more of the same this year. Not good enough.

#265 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,901 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

goddamn it, I forgot what it was like when we had consecutive losing games around here. "LUCK LUCK LUCK!?!?!?!"

well they would be yelling about griffin too if his team didn't get shithoused today

at least that element is unlikely to show its face for a while

#266 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

Prove all that, man.  How is he better than Cam, when they're stats are pretty much the same.  Wait, no they're not...Cam is killing that man statistically.  Go ahead and spew some bullsh*t about how wins makes Luck better, and how that determines he's going to be a better player than Cam.  All the wins prove is Luck has the better overall team.  

Also @ the bolded...naw man.  TD's thrown and rushed, INT's thrown, passer rating and yes completion percentage is what's got me going.  All of those better than Lucks.

So you are a stats guy.  Fine.

Good luck with that.  Sounds like it would be awesome.

Congratulations.  YOu think Cam has a brighter future than Luck.  I don't.

You have stat lines to back you up and I have wins, a rookie playoff run, and faaaaar better fundamentals in the pocket to back me up.

oh yeah both guys took over 2-14 teams and I won't even begin to compare the pressure.  One taking over for an injured hall of famer thrown on the trash heap in the stadium he built and the other having to measure up to the great Jimmy Claussen.

For the record, considering the actual situation I hope beyond all hope that you are right.  I just find no logic in your faith.  Its like you guys feel personally attacked or something.  

This obsession is weird.   I don't even like Luck.  I think he's a dick for dodging us.  How I get pinned with taking his side has been a strange turn of events.  But I just do not see what you guys see anymore.  

So far that makes me a Luck loving, illogical, off the rails, racist.  And still counting.

forgive me but something about that just makes me feel that some of you are fans for the wrong reasons and therefore willing to defend in spite of reality or logic.  Not sure what hold he has on some of you but it seems unhealthy to say the least.

#267 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,901 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

Cam has led the Panthers in 8 fourth quarter comebacks or ties. The defense has failed to hold 6 times. Also our kicker missed a game tying field goal.

Out of Luck's 8 fourth quarter comebacks 6 were scores with 3:00+ minutes to go in the game that the defense has held. Another on of his wins the defense held a three point lead going into the fourth by giving up zero points in the fourth quarter.

I can't remember the last time we held a one score lead with 3:00+ to to in a game. Cam's record and fourth quarter comebacks would look a lot different if he had that timely support like Luck did.

shut it down, thread over

sorry this had to happen to you mumouey or however your username is spelled.

#268 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 6,746 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

Cam has led the Panthers in 8 fourth quarter comebacks or ties. The defense has failed to hold 6 times. Also our kicker missed a game tying field goal.

thank you god, reason.

#269 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,125 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

1) great coach

2) great OLine

3) great defense

4) great playcalling

Cam would do just fine with 1. Rookie year when the defense was bad we were still in games, Head coach giving the ball back to other teams and other horrible decisions.effects us the most. Defense aint gotta be great just make stops and get some turnovers.

#270 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 6,746 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

So you are a stats guy.  Fine.

Good luck with that.  Sounds like it would be awesome.

Congratulations.  YOu think Cam has a brighter future than Luck.  I don't.

You have stat lines to back you up and I have wins, a rookie playoff run, and faaaaar better fundamentals in the pocket to back me up.

oh yeah both guys took over 2-14 teams and I won't even begin to compare the pressure.  One taking over for an injured hall of famer thrown on the trash heap in the stadium he built and the other having to measure up to the great Jimmy Claussen.

For the record, considering the actual situation I hope beyond all hope that you are right.  I just find no logic in your faith.  Its like you guys feel personally attacked or something.  

This obsession is weird.   I don't even like Luck.  I think he's a dick for dodging us.  How I get pinned with taking his side has been a strange turn of events.  But I just do not see what you guys see anymore.  

So far that makes me a Luck loving, illogical, off the rails, racist.  And still counting.

forgive me but something about that just makes me feel that some of you are fans for the wrong reasons and therefore willing to defend in spite of reality or logic.  Not sure what hold he has on some of you but it seems unhealthy to say the least.

Cam has led the Panthers in 7 fourth quarter comebacks leads and one tie. The defense has failed to hold 6 times. Also our kicker missed a game tying field goal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.