Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte Observer Poll (Fire Rivera?)

56 posts in this topic

Posted

Richardson is too cheap to pull the plug. He'll do his usual disappearing act and show up after the season with his next dud.

Posted

You fire his fuging ass.

Posted

JR doesn't give a poo what the fans think.  He can't stand the thought of Rivera getting paid to do nothing so he won't fire him. 

He may as well hes already paying him to do nothing.

3 people like this

Posted

As nice as it is to all be on the same page now it's kinda depressing it came to this. Obvious move since mid-last season

Posted

sorry guys.

JR called me (true story, but I know you shitheads won't believe me :P) during 2010 and told me he doesn't believe you should fire a coach mid season, essentially because it means he thinks that when you're paid to do a job you don't get to stop doing it just because you suck at it =P

but of course that WAS Fox, and he pointed out to me that Fox had shown he could coach before so he didn't think it'd be outlandish to think he could coach that season...

Rivera never showed anything close to what Fox did, so maybe it'll be different.

Posted

Wrong thread.

I will say I support Gruden as coach. I see all the cons, but I think Gruden likes Cam a lot based on his comments and would utilize him.

Posted

Only Rivera related poll I'd vote in.

Posted

sorry guys.

JR called me (true story, but I know you shitheads won't believe me :P) during 2010 and told me he doesn't believe you should fire a coach mid season, essentially because it means he thinks that when you're paid to do a job you don't get to stop doing it just because you suck at it =P

but of course that WAS Fox, and he pointed out to me that Fox had shown he could coach before so he didn't think it'd be outlandish to think he could coach that season...

Rivera never showed anything close to what Fox did, so maybe it'll be different.

No I 100% believe that. Sounds just like JR

Posted

Yup.  He and I talked for about 45 minutes.  It came because I cancelled my trip to Charlotte to see the Panthers in 2010, and I emailed the team to tell them that, and that they were in danger of losing a fan because I couldn't handle what seemed like a team that had management that didn't care in the least about winning.

JR made the argument he did care but he didn't think he had any choice this year.  He swore he would put together a competent team, and I believed him for the most part.

I do think he believed that RR was the best choice.  I just think it's time we stop emulating the Steelers.

Posted

Only Rivera related poll I'd vote in.

Get rid of that god damn avatar.

Posted

Yup. He and I talked for about 45 minutes. It came because I cancelled my trip to Charlotte to see the Panthers in 2010, and I emailed the team to tell them that, and that they were in danger of losing a fan because I couldn't handle what seemed like a team that had management that didn't care in the least about winning.

JR made the argument he did care but he didn't think he had any choice this year. He swore he would put together a competent team, and I believed him for the most part.

I do think he believed that RR was the best choice. I just think it's time we stop emulating the Steelers.

I got the same phone call. It was after the ravens game. He assured me there would be brighter days ahead.

1 person likes this

Posted

I got the same phone call. It was after the ravens game. He assured me there would be brighter days ahead.

Mine was later, but yeah.