Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

86% lol

#32 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

Get a coach in now who can start evaluating the team.

#33 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

How much is Rivera owed if he is canned early. That will be the only true indicator of if Jerry were to make a move

#34 Gamecockfan40

Gamecockfan40

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

Get a coach in now who can start evaluating the team.

Unless you do some serious talking and pull someone out of retirement, you won't get a coach worth two nickles mid season.  The best we can hope to do is let GMen step in and weather the storm that will be this year.  Save our lunch money until the end of the year and add it to the fund because the coach we need to turn this around will be very expensive.

#35 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,983 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

We are now 13-21 under Rivera.  We need to get rid of him, bottom line.

Hell, Seifert was 16-18 at this point in his tenure.  I've seen enough of this coaching staff.

#36 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,701 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

someone autoclick this poll and send the 99.9999999999% in-favor-of results to jerry

#37 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

Richardson is too cheap to pull the plug. He'll do his usual disappearing act and show up after the season with his next dud.

#38 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

You fire his fuging ass.

#39 tight lines

tight lines

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

JR doesn't give a poo what the fans think.  He can't stand the thought of Rivera getting paid to do nothing so he won't fire him. 

He may as well hes already paying him to do nothing.

#40 MechaZain

MechaZain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

As nice as it is to all be on the same page now it's kinda depressing it came to this. Obvious move since mid-last season

#41 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,766 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

sorry guys.

JR called me (true story, but I know you shitheads won't believe me :P) during 2010 and told me he doesn't believe you should fire a coach mid season, essentially because it means he thinks that when you're paid to do a job you don't get to stop doing it just because you suck at it =P

but of course that WAS Fox, and he pointed out to me that Fox had shown he could coach before so he didn't think it'd be outlandish to think he could coach that season...

Rivera never showed anything close to what Fox did, so maybe it'll be different.

#42 MechaZain

MechaZain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

Wrong thread.

I will say I support Gruden as coach. I see all the cons, but I think Gruden likes Cam a lot based on his comments and would utilize him.

#43 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

Only Rivera related poll I'd vote in.

#44 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

sorry guys.

JR called me (true story, but I know you shitheads won't believe me :P) during 2010 and told me he doesn't believe you should fire a coach mid season, essentially because it means he thinks that when you're paid to do a job you don't get to stop doing it just because you suck at it =P

but of course that WAS Fox, and he pointed out to me that Fox had shown he could coach before so he didn't think it'd be outlandish to think he could coach that season...

Rivera never showed anything close to what Fox did, so maybe it'll be different.

No I 100% believe that. Sounds just like JR

#45 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,766 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

Yup.  He and I talked for about 45 minutes.  It came because I cancelled my trip to Charlotte to see the Panthers in 2010, and I emailed the team to tell them that, and that they were in danger of losing a fan because I couldn't handle what seemed like a team that had management that didn't care in the least about winning.

JR made the argument he did care but he didn't think he had any choice this year.  He swore he would put together a competent team, and I believed him for the most part.

I do think he believed that RR was the best choice.  I just think it's time we stop emulating the Steelers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com