36 replies to this topic

#1 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,026 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

This guy should not get out of this week without taking his share of the blame. He may never be the same. I never saw him making so many bad plays,get him out of there coach.

#2 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

he looks too stiff, same as he looked last year. I fear the injuries have destroyed him

#3 Lakelover

Lakelover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

Beason seemed like a nice enough guy when he was on the radio alot earlier in his career.   Unfortunately it appears that he is the next Dan Morgan on the team.   

#4 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

Beason is having a rough time keeping up in coverage, as much as it pains me to say it. His future in this league is at MLB on another team.

#5 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

I said this to my friend on like the third play of the game on defense so it's not a conditioning thing. Beason just isn't hacking it. He's stiff, slow to recover, slow to recognize a play or route. Maybe see what Kline can do at this point.

#6 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,969 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

Yeah he did not look good yesterday at all. He's lost a step and can't cover.

Still love him though.

#7 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,331 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

Usually its the MLB and SLB that are supposed to be the "coverage guys". WLB mostly has to worry about rushing the passer, keeping the RB on the inside. Very rare are all 3 supposed to be good in coverage. Davis and Kuechly are decent enough there.

#8 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

Beason is having a rough time keeping up in coverage, as much as it pains me to say it. His future in this league is at MLB on another team.

While I don't disagree with you. I feel that most other people's main point of refernce on here is the match up with Stevie Johnson which no linebacker outside of Bruce Irvin would be able to keep up.

He has looked good, we've just been spread so thin that he was forced to cover because we didn't have a 3rd CB.

Btw, who thinks AJ Klein is going to do a better job?

#9 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

Btw, who thinks AJ Klein is going to do a better job?

Its possible. Klein looked strong in coverage in preseason.

#10 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

I said this to my friend on like the third play of the game on defense so it's not a conditioning thing. Beason just isn't hacking it. He's stiff, slow to recover, slow to recognize a play or route. Maybe see what Kline can do at this point.

It's Klein, and you can jump off that bridge my friend but I am not substituting a 5th rd pick in for a three time pro bowler in his 2nd game!!!!!! Back from missing 27 games. Guys gotta get back into the grind man, if you want Klein outside, get a Madden connected franchise going because its not happening.

#11 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

He looks stiff and out of place at WLB just like he did when asked to play it in 2010, so this isn't a surprise.  As Zod alluded to above, the guy simply has the instincts and talents of an MLB.

#12 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

Its possible. Klein looked strong in coverage in preseason.

Possible but improbable. Plus the feeling of having 13 or so mill in Cap space between Beason and Stew sitting on the sideline is a sick feeling when we have so many other holes. That money could be split between 3 average CBs or been paid to a competent WR.

Anyone watch Evans against Alabama(not just looked at the stat line)? If he was available in the 2nd I'd be willing to pull the trigger.

#13 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,963 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

That BS face mask was horrible but the first pass play to the FB was a terrible blown assignment.

#14 Estrada

Estrada

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

Anyone watch Evans against Alabama(not just looked at the stat line)? If he was available in the 2nd I'd be willing to pull the trigger. 

Did not see it, but I agree. 

#15 d-dave

d-dave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

Beason's biggest issue, play not withstanding, is that many players never truly recover from Microfracture surgery.  Because it happens on the end of the bone (where all that weight and impact occurs) it will never be as strong as it needs to be for a professional athlete.  How many players have recovered from that kind of surgery to play in the NFL?  It's not a long list compared to those that washed out because of greatly diminished skills (Patrick Jeffers anyone?)

I love Beason. Stand up guy, great until age 27 (injuries).  I hate it,  I really do, but he just got snake bit.  Now maybe I'm completely wrong and he comes back after the bye in better shape, taking better angles and being explosive again.  I just don't see it happening with that kind of injury and surgery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com