Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So... are the Offensive woes Rivera's fault?

45 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

How many good offensive coordinators would have signed with the Panthers knowing that Rivera was on the 'hot seat', and more than likely the Panthers only offered a 1-year contract? 

So you're saying it's JR's fault?

Can't argue with that, we hire a new GM and immediately hand cuff him.

This is not DG's staff/team.....at least not yet.

Posted · Report post

How many good offensive coordinators would have signed with the Panthers knowing that Rivera was on the 'hot seat', and more than likely the Panthers only offered a 1-year contract? 

Shula is indeed on a one year contract I believe.

Posted · Report post

How can we call it overly conservative when Newton dropbacks 37 times and we try alot of deep passing? The throws were there.

Posted · Report post

Zod, the forum needs a boost of confidence.  Its time to put the Giants on notice.

Let's put Rivera on notice

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

if its not one thing its the next with this team it feels like.... sure rivera had some bonehead decisions as usual, but lets face it, cam missed so many fuging big plays yesterday. might be the worst ive seen cam play ... not stats wise but as far as missing wide open receivers.

Ginn was wide open all day and should of had 150 yds and 2-3 td's . yet cam targets smitty 20 times when he had tight coverage all game ... ughh

Posted · Report post

How can we call it overly conservative when Newton dropbacks 37 times and we try alot of deep passing? The throws were there.

effective playcalling is a huge problem..   And I think people are confusing "conservative" with "Jeff Davidson's obvious playcalls for dummys" playbook.

Posted · Report post

effective playcalling is a huge problem.. And I think people are confusing "conservative" with "Jeff Davidson's obvious playcalls for dummys" playbook.

You can still be ineffective at playcalling and not be playing conservative ball. We consistently tried to attack there secondary downfield, Newton dropbacked over forty times with most of them not being short or easy conservative throws.
I don't see how this game plan can be considered conservative.

Posted · Report post

You can still be ineffective at playcalling and not be playing conservative ball. We consistently tried to attack there secondary downfield, Newton dropbacked over forty times with most of them not being short or easy conservative throws.
I don't see how this game plan can be considered conservative.

yep, ineffective playcalling regardless...

Posted · Report post

I'll take the play calling in the Seattle game all day over whatever that was yesterday.

And whatever you do call that against the Bills it was not conservative.

Posted · Report post

BTW what are you complaining about Zod? We scored 23 points. That wins a lot of games. The goal is to score points. Field position doesn't matter.

Well we scored points. After last weeks complaints you should be giddy about the offense and complaining about the D that gave up 24 points.

Posted · Report post

This.

DG was forced to keep Hurney's coach, and only hire coaches on 1 year deals.  

This means the owner fully expects for RR to be fired at the end of the season, or sometime during.

This also means that JR has set up 2 HC's to be in lame duck years over the last 4 years.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

effective playcalling is a huge problem.. And I think people are confusing "conservative" with "Jeff Davidson's obvious playcalls for dummys" playbook.

but Davidson knew how to disguise o line problems. think back to the end of 2009, when Jordan Gross was still good. He got injured and missed about the last half of the season. The playcalling involved a lotl more rolling pockets and Matt Moore looked like a pro bowler as a result