33 replies to this topic

#31 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

Cam is used to a high tempo feense and I think his football rhythym is in that.

We were supposed to implement tempo right?!

Oh yeah Shula is coaching sorry.

Man the tempo at the first of the game was terrible. 

#32 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,960 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

In games decided by less than 1 TD...Cam Newton is 2-12.  At some point...one person (QB or coach) needs to learn and adjust.  Neither are showing a penchant for doing that. 

yesterday was  good example of why that 2-12 number is really, really misleading...

#33 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,730 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

I'm withholding the record of who Cam is compared to all the time.  Most lines are within that number, so yes...I understand how it's misleading.  How about 4th quarter comebacks vs. collapses.

#34 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

Said last night during the SNF game.

He is right.

Despite what Rivera says, and despite the nuckle heads here that defended Rivera saying it, there is no such thing as scoring too quickly.

Look how our offense performed in the 2 minute drill. They looked like a competent offense again, marched right down the field and got the touchdown. Give Cam a few play choices for a series, and let him call it at the line. Don't wait for Shula to throw a dart and see which play call it hit on the board.

It is time to hand the offense to Cam and let him do what he wants to do. In short, let cam ball.

Did we stick with what worked? Heck no. Right back to taking forever to get a play off and letting the defense be fully prepared.

This is kind of ironic though.  Dungy didn't open up any of his team's O until he allowed Peyton Manning to basically call his own plays during the Super Bowl run.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.