Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4th and 1 on Buffalo's 21

63 posts in this topic

Posted

It was right call IMO.

Posted

When your in a situation where a touchdown beats you even with the field goal you need to go for the win.

2 people like this

Posted

Think about it, even if we failed it would have run a few more seconds off the clock that might have ended the game late on in the Bills drive.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think the 4th and 1 from the ATL game last season really messed this up for him.  He's scared now to even try.  He doesn't have the killer instincts that a coach needs. 

Posted

It was right call IMO.

not really. A field goal would tie you, a TD would beat you. With a depleted secondary, you trust your huge franchise QB to get a yard on a QB sneak to win the game.

Its what a coach with guts would have done, and won the game as a result.

2 people like this

Posted

I agree with this completely. Even if you miss the first down, you are still up. Have to go for it there.

Especially when you are already up by 3. A touchdown by Buffalo loses the game anyway so you have eliminate their option to win the game. He is gutless and pathetic.

1 person likes this

Posted

Its actually even worse than OP stated. Not only do we have high percentage short yardage runners. Not only has the offense performed well enough to earn the shot at getting the 1st. Not only was the secondary depleted. 

But a field goal was completely USELESS!!

Think about it. If we don't get it, they still have to drive the length of the field. A field goal still  wouldn't have beat us, only tied and KICKING THE FIELD GOAL ONLY PUT US UP BY 6!!

That was really just a bad, bad call.

2 people like this

Posted

SHULA

I disagree I think that was Rivera's call not Shula

Posted

not really. A field goal would tie you, a TD would beat you. With a depleted secondary, you trust your huge franchise QB to get a yard on a QB sneak to win the game.

took to long typing and you beat me to the point I wanted to make, lol

Posted

BRAVO

Posted

It was right call IMO.

No, to me this shows a complete lack of trust in Cam. Which is ridiculous. You telling me Cam isn't gonna get that yard? Cam is a warrior.

2 people like this

Posted

Yes really. Also almost all of his completions on the final drive were to his RBs. What did that have to do with the secondary?