Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4th and 1 on Buffalo's 21

63 posts in this topic

Posted

Its actually even worse than OP stated. Not only do we have high percentage short yardage runners. Not only has the offense performed well enough to earn the shot at getting the 1st. Not only was the secondary depleted.

But a field goal was completely USELESS!!

Think about it. If we don't get it, they still have to drive the length of the field. A field goal still wouldn't have beat us, only tied and KICKING THE FIELD GOAL ONLY PUT US UP BY 6!!

That was really just a bad, bad call.

Every time I read another fans post that spouts out my exact sentiments I want to fuggin scream! When he sent out the field goal unit I thought to myself "Holy Smokables" we are about to lose this game !

Very bad coaching I really want a letter of apology from his sorry azz.

2 people like this

Posted

Imo both decision are good.

Personally i am all for the 4th down but the FG was ok too.

Posted

who do you trust Cam getting 1 yard. Or a tired defense with a injury depleted secondary. They scored because of 2nd stringer CB miscommunication.

I want the ball in Cam's hands with the game on the line.

3 people like this

Posted

How about a really quick lineup and a QB sneak.

Every other team in the league gets a yard easily that way. We have a mammoth QB in Cam Newton and do we try it? Hell no, its not even in the playbook. 

I not fully convinced that Shula actually has a playbook per se.

I mean he may have a notebook with some crayon drawings with arrows and some x's and o's....

1 person likes this

Posted

who do you trust Cam getting 1 yard. Or a tired defense with a injury depleted secondary. They scored because of 2nd-3rd stringer CB miscommunication.

I want the ball in Cam's hands with the game on the line.

fixed it for ya.

1 person likes this

Posted

No, to me this shows a complete lack of trust in Cam. Which is ridiculous. You telling me Cam isn't gonna get that yard? Cam is a warrior.

Tom Brady has a 4th and 1 quarterback sneak play that he gets ALL the time. If Tom can do it, I know a 6-5, 245 pound quarterback can get it by using a hurry up sneak play.

2 people like this

Posted

Don't we have a pro bowl caliber Center as well for him to sneak behind?

1 person likes this

Posted

Defensive minded coaches don't trust offenses. He didn't trust ours and he didn't trust the Bills

1 person likes this

Posted

rivera logic at its finest.... wont trust the franchise qb or 2 capable running backs to win the game for us

instead lets put it on the weak link of the team : the secondary... my god

then play soft prevent D that every offensive coordinator on the planet is expecting in that situation.... notice how they just ran little dig routes and drags... all underneath poo

gave them so many easy yards. and let them out of bounds to boot... and no adjustments at all :/

bears game last year anyone? this poo isnt going to get any better under rivera

2 people like this

Posted

Herm Edwards needs to talk to Rivera..."You play to win the game! Hello?!

1 person likes this

Posted

Let me put it another way.  You guys may be right.

If we are waiting for a coach that would go for it in that situation, we will likely be waiting for the rest of our lives. 

Unless we go hire one of those crazy high school coaches who don't even carry a punter of kicker on their teams  :lol:

Posted

Let me put it another way.  You guys may be right.

If we are waiting for a coach that would go for it in that situation, we will likely be waiting for the rest of our lives. 

Unless we go hire one of those crazy high school coaches who don't even carry a punter of kicker on their teams  :lol:

its not like this is the only time rivera has revealed his vagina...