Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

According to PFF ....

54 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Byron Bell and Cam Newton were the two biggest flaws yesterday.

Bell got a -4.6

Newton a -2.9

The rest of the O-Line got favorable marks.

Posted · Report post

I saw some of the worst tackle play/technique yesterday. Bell was totally outmatched.

Cam? Shula and Rivera are trying to make him a pocket passer by eliminating what makes him dangerous. You take away the threat of a run and Cam is an average QB. It's the sum of the parts that makes him unique.

Not only are Shula and Rivera forcing him into a pocket qb, but Gettleman made the same comments during training camp. This fucking franchise doesn't know how to use Cam.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yesterday, especially early on, was a bad performance by Cam.  As much as I love Cam and want him to be here 15 years, I probably would have given a pregnant, 7 second pause

And Bell was ridiculous yesterday.  I seriously can't remember a game where I saw one of our Offensive lineman get abused so thoroughly.  The only game I have even seen in recent memory was watching Gabe Cabrimi getting beat by Aldon Smith last year on MNF. 

Posted · Report post

Interestingly, they are discussing that RGIII had no planned runs yesterday.

Posted · Report post

Cam had tons of time though in the pocket

Posted · Report post

Not on some of the Bell miscues, but overall, you're right.  Can't put all of it on the O-line by any stretch.  Some were just bad throws when Cam had time

Posted · Report post

I still like Cam in the pocket. The thing is, is that under center QB'ing relys on play-action. I am not making excuses. I believe Cam could have definitely done better (some of those throws were embarrassing), But I hope we don't give up on the undercenter pocket passing Cam. (but with the threat of the run)

Posted · Report post

...It's important to note that Bell's poor play has a direct correlation to Cam's struggles. 

7 people like this

Posted · Report post

Cam had a pretty shaky outing and I'm sure he would agree. We've all seen what he's capable of in the past, so I'm not overly concerned.

Byron had a historically bad outing, but he thinks he played well. We've all seen what he's capable of in the past, so I'm extremely concerned.

Posted · Report post

Most of those plays were long-developing plays. He may have had time, but by the time someone finally got open was when the pressure finally got to him.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Most of those plays were long-developing plays. He may have had time, but by the time someone finally got open was when the pressure finally got to him.

This they showed a lot of plays where there was nowhere to go with the ball