Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

According to PFF ....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#46 Steve Smith

Steve Smith

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

Cam is an 8,000+ yard QB, there are no doubts about his talents and his ability to throw the football. 

With EVERY quarterback, you have to build a level of comfort from when the ball is kicked to the last whistle being blown. Coming out sunday with gun slinging deep ball threats is RIDICULOUS to blame Cam for. We failed to establish a power running game early and reverted to using it in the second half. What you bafoons fail to realize that the inconsistency starts with the game planning and play calling. 

Football is a CHESS MATCH that may very well be won before the ball is even snapped. The offensive coordinator and the head coach must game plan for strengths and weaknesses of the the opposing team and know how to exploit them. In addition, throughout the game there must be a pattern of plays to set up and manipulate the defence. For example, Shula on last play of our offensive calls a third and five draw play after running ten straight hand-offs. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO FOOL A DEFENCE WHEN THEY ARE ALREADY EXPECTING A RUN WITH NINE IN THE BOX? The inability to understand when and where certain plays should be called shows the ineptness of the coaching staff. 

YOU MUST GET CAM NEWTON INTO A RHYTHM. The playcalling does not allow him to get into a consistent pattern of reads. 

#47 pantherj

pantherj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

If Cam continues to play like he has been, and the injuries continue to pile up, then it will between us and the Jaguars for the #1 overall draft pick imo. Bell is terrible, but Cam has had plenty of opportunities to make plays down the field. He isn't hitting open receivers, so I'd say QB is a position to look at in the draft, especially if we're picking #1.

#48 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

Trade him to the Eagles for a few first round picks.

#49 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

cam played bad at first then tighten up, not so worried about him as a pocket passer but he might need to work with ginn more to connect on those deep passes and I've gotten use to the occasionally sailed pass........overall i can't really complain too much he turned what looked to be a horrible game for him into and actually decent game......don't dissect into it too much and some might see that as well

#50 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

If Cam continues to play like he has been, and the injuries continue to pile up, then it will between us and the Jaguars for the #1 overall draft pick imo. Bell is terrible, but Cam has had plenty of opportunities to make plays down the field. He isn't hitting open receivers, so I'd say QB is a position to look at in the draft, especially if we're picking #1.

I think we're way too talented of a team to be getting the first overall pick. But if it does happen then we need to think about a QB, because chances are if we're that bad then we didn't get quality play out of the QB position

#51 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

I am not surprised by Bell's performance.  To quote the Panthers best coach ever:  He is what he is.  Bell is/was undrafted for a reason.  He is a solid backup....but not an every day RT.  The Panthers should have given Bell help.  The guy had a bad game, but did they not see he was struggling, and at least put Hartsock in to help or something?  

you didn't notice he was in as an extra blocker?  one of the few adjustments i did see

#52 CashNewton22

CashNewton22

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

#FreeCamNewton

#53 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

Can can put up numbers, that has been proved. Without correct play calling and rhythm no QB will be good.

#54 RufftownRepresent

RufftownRepresent

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

What blows my mind is that Eli is a gunslinging, let it fly type QB in New York. Dave witnessed that first hand.

Now he watches as Shula and Rivera handcuff our biggest asset, all the while saying it's time for Cam to win.