• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#46 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

Failure to adapt to personnel has shown itself in more than one way with Rivera. We lost at least three games last year (week 1 vs. Tampa, Seattle and Dallas) due to the inability to stop using the read option so damn much and actually come out with a viable attack.

We've lost games because of Olindo Mare, turnovers (Deangelo), blowing large leads (Tampa at home last year, Chicago in 2012, Atlanta in 2011) and we've also lost to downright shitty opponents (KC last year, Arizona in 2011). 

So basically whether it's a failure to adapt, failure to come up with a game plan to beat overmatched opponents, failure to make adjustments to hold on to large leads, etc etc etc etc, it all comes back to one thing: Ron Rivera is a failure as a head coach. 

#47 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,102 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

At the end of the day, it was one yard. ONE YARD! Sorry, I am just ol' skool.  If your team can't make one yard, with a big ass bowling ball at FB, or one of the bigger and stronger QBs in the game, then what's the fuging point?  

#48 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

The players haven't lost faith in Ron Rivera, Ron has lost faith in his players..

#49 NYPantherFan

NYPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

I watched this implosion live. Buffalo fans were LEAVINg the damn stadium during that drive. Shows they had no faith in their team, meanwhile me and my dad had a deep feeling that the td would happen... I drove 10 hours to watch rivera poo the bed.

I even left the game at the 2 minute warning and thought the Panthers had it in the bag.. got out to the parking lot and heard the crowd freak out....

BTW, how bad were you harassed for being in Panthers gear?? 

#50 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,967 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

That is true, but unlike Rivera I can use past history to make determinations based on similar circumstances.

:)

This is one of the best comebacks the huddle has ever seen.

#51 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,840 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'm suppose to drive down to Minneapolis (8 hours) for the game in a few weeks. None of my friends are panthers fans so I'm paying for hotel and tickets since its hard to convince anyone to go see the panthers. After yesterday I'm about 50/50 on cancelling the trip. Trip will cost me roughly 3 grand and I know I'm just going to be driving home pissed off.

three grand? ye gods man you could drive a hummer up, stay in 5-star hotels, and buy club seats for under 3 grand

#52 Davis83

Davis83

Rebelling since 1753

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

Earlier in the game we ran a play where Oleson lines up on the right side - the play flows to the right and Oleson was wide open all alone out in the left flat (about a 30 yd play). We also ran that play later and it worked for about 7-10 yds. When you run a play like that and the player is all alone like that, you file that away for exactly this situation.

That play could have been run on 1st or 2nd down and we're not having this heartache today.

#53 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,840 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

or does that include paying for hotass comfort women after we lose by a half a point

#54 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,286 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

In fairness, if Rivera goes for it on 4th and 1, and the team fails to move the chains..................... The majority would be saying he should be fired for not taking the points...

Don't get me wrong, I'm just as fed up as everyone else, but, it's much easier for us to coach a game Monday morning, than it is to coach one on Sunday afternoon...

Wrong. Then the bills kick a fg with two seconds left instead of going for the win. At home you go for the tie the road for the win. Not only did kicking the field do nothing for the panthers, it actually helped the bills.

#55 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

In fairness, if Rivera goes for it on 4th and 1, and the team fails to move the chains..................... The majority would be saying he should be fired for not taking the points...

Don't get me wrong, I'm just as fed up as everyone else, but, it's much easier for us to coach a game Monday morning, than it is to coach one on Sunday afternoon...

I 100% agree with this. My problem was the 3rd and 5 call. 31 other teams put the ball in their franchise qbs hands to end that game, however we are too scared to let our qb make a play and win the game.

#56 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,457 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

Rivera needs to execute himself

#57 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,622 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

three grand? ye gods man you could drive a hummer up, stay in 5-star hotels, and buy club seats for under 3 grand

3 nights at a nice hotel in downtown Minneapolis. Good seats behind carolina bench off stubhub. 3 nights at the bar and partying add up pretty quickly man. The crappy Wild play the Saturday night, so we'd do that game as well.

The Jets play the Wild on the Thursday night that we've talked about doing as well.

#58 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

I'm suppose to drive down to Minneapolis (8 hours) for the game in a few weeks. None of my friends are panthers fans so I'm paying for hotel and tickets since its hard to convince anyone to go see the panthers. After yesterday I'm about 50/50 on cancelling the trip. Trip will cost me roughly 3 grand and I know I'm just going to be driving home pissed off.

The Panthers suck, Minneapolis sucks, and your friends suck for making you pay for that poo.

Don't do it. Just save your money.

#59 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,622 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

The Panthers suck, Minneapolis sucks, and your friends suck for making you pay for that poo.

Don't do it. Just save your money.

LoL! yeah if they are 0-4 going into that game ill bail and just go with my girlfriend. Although it'll be cheaper, the strip club just isn't the same when your with your girlfriend.

Buddy is a pats fan and he paid for my trip to Boston for a MNF game a couple years ago so I owe him a trip. But yeah...

#60 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,805 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

This makes me so angry.

I feel betrayed. When Rivera was hired he preached about being aggressive on both sides of the ball and he preached about making decisions based off of the personnel available as opposed to strictly adhering to a system.

I've grown comfortably numb already. :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com