Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Panther

Cam Newton contract extension?

75 posts in this topic

Lol would love to see them bring in someone new. They're not getting anyone more dangerous then Cam. Are we really discussing this? QB is not the problem. Today's NFL is just so unreal when it comes to QB week to week. I mean I heard Tony Dungy say last night "one more work and Washington should consider benching RG3 for Cousins" aren't you ***** kidding me Dungy?

Weeks ago we were all "Cam is gonna leave here for Dallas or some other big market". Now we aren't sure if gettleman or some new coach will want him? If we were 2-0 and the defense hadnt blown a lead and Deangelo hadn't fumbled we would be talking about "how many years for cams extension" right now.

Any new coach that comes in here and doesn't want Newton is an instant failure, I can tell you that

1 person likes this

He does and he doesn't.

If Gettlemen and his boring NY Foxball blueprint style new HC don't want to work around a new age QB...... they can simply decide they don't want Cam and the hand he brings

Sure, and Cam goes off to free agent heaven, gets a fat contract and will likely play for a better team than the Panthers.

Bottom line, Cam is in a no-lose situation.

Cam has played good enough to be 2-0 people are acting like these losses are all on him

2 people like this

Sure, and Cam goes off to free agent heaven, gets a fat contract and will likely play for a better team than the Panthers.

Bottom line, Cam is in a no-lose situation.

I think that both the team and Cam have some leverage here, with the team holding more.

Can is under contract this year, next year, and we have an option for the 5th year as well.  After that we can franchise him if we want.

So that's possibly 4 more seasons before he has the upper hand.

The only logical move here is for RR to be let go now, next month or after the season, and let DG bring in his coach in the offseason.

Let Cam play out next season with the new coach and OC, and hopefully new players around him and see how he does.  IF you need one more year to find that next QB or need some more game tape on Cam, you have the 5th year team option.

That's the only logical thing to do, so I fully expect us not to do it.

Still 2-3 years from having to deal with this.  Much more concerned about what this team is going to do the next 2 seasons at O Line, WR, and DB

we don't have to move on Cam's contract for two years............too much other sh*t too worry about!

Cam has played good enough to be 2-0 people are acting like these losses are all on him

I wouldn't go that far. Cam should have his fair share of the blame.

He does and he doesn't.

Yep. When is the last time a QB decided to wait a couple of years under a rookie contract instead of signing a better one? It just doesn't happen. Too much chance of injury or production decline.

Cam is not going to ride out his contract unless we dictate it.

The last elite QB to leave a team was Drew Brees and that was because the Chargers had committed so much to Rivers

Not anytime soon. I can't see Cam being worth more than 60mil too. At the end it all comes to wins and losses. I'm not breaking the bank for Cam.

1 person likes this

Cam Newton is a one of a kind player. We should be lucky if he wants to stay in Carolina. If he was all about himself and winning, he'd probably want to go to an NFC East team like the Eagles. Which he totally will if you play hardball with him!

No one lets a franchise quarterback just walk away. It would set us back years... maybe decades.