• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31 TonyN

TonyN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

Unless Newton starts playing much better football he will not be in a position to dictate anything to anyone. His stats are average to poor and he fails the eye test miserably. Big trades are pretty unusual in the NFL, but I am not sure the Panthers would even get a high first rounder for Newton at this point. I don't think many people outside of Carolina believe Cam Newton is a franchise type QB anymore.

#32 CAPantherFan

CAPantherFan

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

^^^^^ correct..  We already know this from the various articles we've read from around the league.  He ranks last out of the newer QBs in the league.  In most cases he's not even in the same conversation as RGIII, Kaepernic, Wilson etc...

#33 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,267 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

^^^^^ correct..  We already know this from the various articles we've read from around the league.  He ranks last out of the newer QBs in the league.  In most cases he's not even in the same conversation as RGIII, Kaepernic, Wilson etc...

Yeah because the media is always right about players when they evaluate them, lol.

I suppose you missed Griffin's first two games, and Kaepernick's recent game against Seattle?

#34 mjligon

mjligon

REAL TALK ----->

• HUDDLER
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

In before he will leave us for Cleveland.

#35 d-dave

d-dave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Thankfully we have several more years before we must address the situation.  I love Cam, and I'd love to have him be a career Panther IF he can put Ws in the column.  If he can't, then good luck bud.  I think a coach would love to have him as his QB because he can do it all.  He does somethings better than others, but he can do it all.  Its hard to find that.

Sidebar, I mentioned this in another post, but I do hope that Cam is able to find his mythical "swag" again.  Honestly, that needs to be the number one priority.  Wins will help this greatly, but to have a confident Cam who believes he can win...oh to dream!

#36 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

newton wont get a new deal any time soon... not with the current state of the franchise.

#37 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,000 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

I think they should wait for his rookie deal to run out. Use that money to get pieces around him. Trade Greg Hardy or let him walk. I think Cam will take less money to stay on a team that will compete for a Super Bowl year to year.

uuummmm...

#38 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,277 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

Cam would be so awesome in an offense that features him.

you know, giving him a few weapons, a sturdy O-line, and perhaps utilizing his very unique strengths.

Look for Gettleman to make this happen. Couldn't achieve it in one year with Hurney's mistakes still very much present. *Rivera*

#39 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,277 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

Unless Newton starts playing much better football he will not be in a position to dictate anything to anyone. His stats are average to poor and he fails the eye test miserably. Big trades are pretty unusual in the NFL, but I am not sure the Panthers would even get a high first rounder for Newton at this point. I don't think many people outside of Carolina believe Cam Newton is a franchise type QB anymore.

I understand your point about the Media's perception of Cam, but to say his stats are average to poor is absurd imo.

I guess throwing for more yards in his first two seasons than any QB in NFL history is an average to poor stat. Let alone his running ability. The dude is a goal line nightmare. 

We need to build around this dude and give him the appropriate coaching staff and supporting cast. 

#40 amcoolio

amcoolio

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

If Cleveland offered their 1st round pick for Cam this offseason, would you take it?

#41 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,267 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

I understand your point about the Media's perception of Cam, but to say his stats are average to poor is absurd imo.

I guess throwing for more yards in his first two seasons than any QB in NFL history is an average to poor stat.

We need to build around this dude and give him the appropriate coaching staff and supporting cast. 

Posters like him are popping back up now that the team is struggling. They didn't want him drafted, and disappeared during the 2011 season. They come back every now and again when Cam doesn't play absolutely perfect.

#42 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,028 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

If Cleveland offered their 1st round pick for Cam this offseason, would you take it?

I would not

#43 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

a first round choice for cam? you must be joking...

#1 overall...

#44 TonyN

TonyN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

This is a new era where college qbs have shown the ability to come in and play well immediately. Newton lost the rookie yardage record last year and he will lose the two year record this year. His NFL passer rating has been mediocre both seasons. 20 qbs threw more TDs than Newton last year and 25 qbs completed a higher percentage of their passes. Throw in the leadership and maturity issues and you have a player few GMs will be willing to take a big risk on unless he starts. Playing much better football. He looked terrible yesterday. Terrible.

#45 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

a beat up old carson palmer was traded for a 1st rd pick.... we could probly get 2 first rounders from the raiders

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.