Photo
- - - - -

Cam Newton contract extension?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#25 Seltzer

Seltzer

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

Still 2-3 years from having to deal with this.  Much more concerned about what this team is going to do the next 2 seasons at O Line, WR, and DB

#26 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

we don't have to move on Cam's contract for two years............too much other sh*t too worry about!

#27 micnificent28

micnificent28

HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

Cam has played good enough to be 2-0 people are acting like these losses are all on him

I wouldn't go that far. Cam should have his fair share of the blame.

#28 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

He does and he doesn't.

Yep. When is the last time a QB decided to wait a couple of years under a rookie contract instead of signing a better one? It just doesn't happen. Too much chance of injury or production decline.

Cam is not going to ride out his contract unless we dictate it.

The last elite QB to leave a team was Drew Brees and that was because the Chargers had committed so much to Rivers

#29 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

Not anytime soon. I can't see Cam being worth more than 60mil too. At the end it all comes to wins and losses. I'm not breaking the bank for Cam.

#30 Banjo

Banjo

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

Cam Newton is a one of a kind player. We should be lucky if he wants to stay in Carolina. If he was all about himself and winning, he'd probably want to go to an NFC East team like the Eagles. Which he totally will if you play hardball with him!

No one lets a franchise quarterback just walk away. It would set us back years... maybe decades.

#31 TonyN

TonyN

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

Unless Newton starts playing much better football he will not be in a position to dictate anything to anyone. His stats are average to poor and he fails the eye test miserably. Big trades are pretty unusual in the NFL, but I am not sure the Panthers would even get a high first rounder for Newton at this point. I don't think many people outside of Carolina believe Cam Newton is a franchise type QB anymore.

#32 CAPantherFan

CAPantherFan

California Dreamin'

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

^^^^^ correct..  We already know this from the various articles we've read from around the league.  He ranks last out of the newer QBs in the league.  In most cases he's not even in the same conversation as RGIII, Kaepernic, Wilson etc...

#33 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

^^^^^ correct..  We already know this from the various articles we've read from around the league.  He ranks last out of the newer QBs in the league.  In most cases he's not even in the same conversation as RGIII, Kaepernic, Wilson etc...

Yeah because the media is always right about players when they evaluate them, lol.

I suppose you missed Griffin's first two games, and Kaepernick's recent game against Seattle?

#34 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

In before he will leave us for Cleveland.

#35 d-dave

d-dave

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Thankfully we have several more years before we must address the situation.  I love Cam, and I'd love to have him be a career Panther IF he can put Ws in the column.  If he can't, then good luck bud.  I think a coach would love to have him as his QB because he can do it all.  He does somethings better than others, but he can do it all.  Its hard to find that.

Sidebar, I mentioned this in another post, but I do hope that Cam is able to find his mythical "swag" again.  Honestly, that needs to be the number one priority.  Wins will help this greatly, but to have a confident Cam who believes he can win...oh to dream!

#36 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

newton wont get a new deal any time soon... not with the current state of the franchise.