Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamos14

Charles Johnson restructures contract -saves $4.26 Million (old thread bumped)

awesome.

the cap was screwed for the next couple years already.

is hurney back and handling contract negotiations?

give me a reason to believe this is a good thing.

Fixing to pick up some players.  No other reason to do it this year. 

Yay. More money for Gettlemen to look forward to 2014 with!

would have preferred with all this magic he invested some reasonable dollars into actual talent at OL and CB position

Its very clear it's getting ready to be blown up

Gettleman's job is to put this team in a position to be successful long-term.  Not the ideal situation to be in with a short-term coach, but that's what we have.

That's on Richardson.  GM & Coach should be in tandem.  This arrangement got out of whack with Hurney/ Fox in 2010 and is still out of whack and will be until the next coach is hired

What position do you guys think is easier to get a starter in free agency between OL, WR, and CB?

Jake Scott is still available. I wanted him ever since he was first cut.

Good lord. His cap hit increases to $16 mil in 2014 and $17 mil in 2015?

Got Damn that's franchise QB money.  I think you're FO is among the worst in all professional sports. 

Bright side: You guys are still the kings of smack talk. 

Perhaps we are bringing someone in.

might be returning some cuts if we follow the patterns. smh.... I hope he's saving and planning to slice RR. That would be the best option for next year. Certainly they better not overpay Greg Hardy. smh

Got Damn that's franchise QB money. I think you're FO is among the worst in all professional sports.

Yes, they are pretty bad. Gettleman is still trying to dig out of Hurney's mess but looks like there is not much he can do but kick the can. Ive been saying it all sunmer, we are still a few years away. Seeing the reality of that is what sucks.

Bright side: I don't have to pay a playoff ticket invoice this year.

With Johnson's huge cap hit in 2014 and 2015, I expect that there will be another re-structure happening. This move was for short term relief only.  Which would indicate a signing.  But the question is who?

We obviously need more secondary now with Godfrey out for season, Thomas missing at least 1 week with concussion, and Mikell likely missing time with sprained ankle.

Got Damn that's franchise QB money.  I think you're FO is among the worst in all professional sports. 

That rat faced, coke sniffing motherfuger Hurney burned us for years. Fortunately we hired a guy from a winning organization as GM and not a fuging journalist, he is now in the process of cleaning up the mess and taking out the trash.

It may be years before we can truly compete within the division, but at least by that time Drew Brees will be retired and Matt Ryan will be past his prime!

With Johnson's huge cap hit in 2014 and 2015, I expect that there will be another re-structure happening. This move was for short term relief only. Which would indicate a signing. But the question is who?

We obviously need more secondary now with Godfrey out for season, Thomas missing at least 1 week with concussion, and Mikell likely missing time with sprained ankle.

Kenny Phillips, Kerry Rhodes, Drayton Florence and Chris Gamble.

Okay so this will never happen but there's an above average NFL secondary out there right now.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ibn