Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamos14

Charles Johnson restructures contract -saves $4.26 Million (old thread bumped)

Why on Earth would CJ restructure again? I'm sure his agent will stand pat and force you to overpay or cut him. If the latter happens I'm sure he'll be a high end FA, once again.

Face it, that meag-contract Hurney signed him to was ridiculous.

This fan base is just being slapped in the face by the reality that expectations were way too high. This is the dirty work that DG is going to have to do while trying to field a somewhat competitive team. In real life I'm not one to say I told you so but this is the Internet. I figured we'd finish 6-10 to 7-9 because of our coaching, schedule, O-line, and secondary. Now it looks like that was overly optimistic.

So the plan is to out-wait the winning teams in the division??  Good luck with that.

I'm sure that's not the plan.  At all.  

Good lord. His cap hit increases to $16 mil in 2014 and $17 mil in 2015?

That's only a 1 mill increase to his cap hit before the restructure. 

I have to ask..If you're still a few seasons away, what are you going to do about Cam?

If he's not the answer and it's time to move on, do you draft his replacement or look to FA.

Conversely, if he plays well and hits FA, Carolina will have to over-pay (ala Johnson) to keep him away from teams like the Raiders and Dolphins.

I'm sorry, this isn't looking good for the Panthers faithful

I think you extend Cam when the time comes to extend him. He can be a good QB. Shula and Rivera have made a calculated decision in 2013 to hand-cuff Cam in the name of "his own safety".

That's only a 1 mill increase to his cap hit before the restructure.

I was more surprised at the numbers than the increase. Seeing them in print again just blows my mind.

Could still cut CJ next season and save cap. This isn't a big deal.

The 20mill in space with no moves, as if anyone could help, is really interesting.

I think you extend Cam when the time comes to extend him. He can be a good QB. Shula and Rivera have made a calculated decision in 2013 to hand-cuff Cam in the name of "his own safety".

If he's playing as well as many of you guys think he will, why wouldn't he play out his current contract and hit FA where he could land a potential $100M+ deal?

If he's playing as well as many of you guys think he will, why wouldn't he play out his current contract and hit FA where he could land a potential $100M+ deal?

Perhaps he will. I'm not gonna lose sleep about it.

Everything about this team is just frustrating...from the front offIce mess that still lingers, crappy play and suck ass coaching.....you think there would be something that isn't depressing.

Everything about this team is just frustrating...from the front offIce mess that still lingers, crappy play and suck ass coaching.....you think there would be something that isn't depressing.

Also, our home field environment is the worst in the NFL.

We did win greatest uni's ever though!

Also, our home field environment is the worst in the NFL.

We did win greatest uni's ever though!

Seattle set a Guiness World record yesterday.....fans get kicked out for that type enthusiasm